f i f t y - t w o

(i'm sorry he is so hot)

chapter fifty-two

our flight to los angeles took a long while. jeongin used the bathroom about 4 times, and chan ordered 3 different kinds of bread, and he let me try them all. i think i'll stick to normal bread. felix held onto my arm when the plane got a little shaky. i assured him that everything was going to be alright, and even though i didn't believe it, i ended up being right. jisung whined the whole time about about how he forgot his headphones, and how he couldn't listen to music. so i eventually gave him mine. the airport crew were sick of us. it surely was an experience.

and as for hyunjin... i'm not sure how he was doing. he sat behind me. he attempted to greet me with a friendly smile and a hello once we met up at the airport, but i casually ignored him.

chan did talk to me about him though. he said, and i quote, "if you want, only if you want, maybe you should give hyunjin another chance. he loves you, and you love him, i know that for a fact. but i also know what it feels like to be cheated on, y/n, i get it. it doesn't feel good, it makes you feel- i don't know, unwanted. but i'm being honest when i say this. hyunjin is a good person. i don't know why he did what he did, but i can be sure that it won't happen again."

the first thing i thought was, how can you be so sure?

but then i remembered, this is coming from chan. he doesn't just say anything he doesn't mean. i just gave him a nod, i didn't really know what to say.

-

after collecting our bags and making sure all boys are intact, we make our way to our hotel.

"what? what do you mean there's no rooms left?" chan is talking to the receptionist, felix is translating for me.

"i can't just sleep in one of their rooms?" i ask, and he shakes his head no.

"she said it's their policy, you have to have a reservation and you can't add people onto a room. the rest of the rooms are full."

i let out a sigh in frustration. this isn't how things were supposed to go.

"how about i swap with you y/n and i'll stay with hyunjin?" jeongin offers quietly, his generosity warms my heart. everyone else talks amongst one another, trying to figure the situation out.

"that's okay, innie. don't worry about me, i'll stay with hyunjin."

i announce my decision to everyone. hyunjin looks surprised. he should be surprised that i'm willing to stay in the same house as him.

-

hyunjin's apartment is beautiful. it's clean and modern, most of it has already been furnished.

"i'll take the couch, then" i tell him, fiddling with my bag strap.