f o u r t e e n

chapter fourteen

chapter fourteen

"is this the famous hyunjin my y/n's always talking about?" the both of us whirl our heads around to meet the bright and cheerful smile that belongs to my mother, her freshly-manicured hands gripping onto a plate of what seems to be snacks.

hyunjin immediately widens his eyes, rising to his feet to bow before my mother and smile politely.

i squint my eyes at her as she takes hyunjin's hand into her own, shaking it ever so gently. i notice a glint of worry flash in her eyes.

"it's nice to meet you!" she smiles, glancing down at their interlinked hands. hyunjin's hands are completely red, i assume from being in the cold for so long.

"why are you both out here on the doorstep? please come inside!" she almost drags hyunjin through the double doors, the smile never leaving his face.

"you could've told me you were cold" i whisper, as hyunjin eyes wander over the interior of my home.

"and you could've told me your always talking about me with your mother" his lips curve up at the end of his sentence and i can't help the playful rolling of my eyes.

hyunjin's cheeks are red and puffy and i start to feel bad that he waited in the cold for me, but then i remember that it's hyunjin, and well, he deserves it.

"hyunjin, that's your name right?" she motions for him to sit in the exact same spot jeongin sat a few days ago.

"yes, um- hwang hyunjin" i lean against the doorway, watching the both of them. i can tell he's nervous.

"well, hwang hyunjin, how much do you like kimchi fried rice?" my mom asks and his face lights up before she can finish her sentence.

"a lot... i like it a lot" he replies politely, i'm a little annoyed that i couldn't have known that hyunjin would meet my mother today, but at least it's going well. maybe not so much for him, but for me.

"so does that mean hyunjin's staying for dinner then?" i ask, lifting my back off of the wood.

"if hyunjin doesn't wanna pass up only the best dinner in the history of dinners, then i guess so!" his eyes flick to mine at her exaggerated words, i can't help the laugh that passes my lips.

"go on you two while i start cooking! show hyunjin around!" i tilt my head towards the doorway, not having to say anything for him to easily comply.

after a brief but also very much required show-around of my home, we finish up in my art room.

"you're gonna need to lend me some of these supplies y/n" hyunjin glances around in awe as i chuckle.

"sure. whatever you want" he flicks through a few of my sketchbooks, putting his hands together at almost every piece.

"stop, you're exaggerating. they're not that good." i feel heat rise in my cheeks as hyunjin bites his lip, head tilting.

he walks towards me, backing me up against the wall. i can't stop my chest heaving as a smile plays at his lips.

"they are that good. what you need to do is start telling yourself that"

"okay.. i will" i say in order to be rid of this entire situation. somehow his hand is pressed against the wall, right next to my head.

"remember what i said?" his voice becomes dangerously low. "about kissing you again?" i shake my head, lying. "come on y/n, i said it literally over 2 hours ago" hyunjin runs a hand through his hair, then letting it fall back into place.

"i'm curious as to what you want me to do" i swallow hard and hyunjin just laughs, i can literally feel his breath on my nose.

"well since you really can't seem to remember, i telling you that i meant what i said." he repeats.

"if something like that was to happen again, would you regret it?" hyunjin nibbles on his bottom lip, his hand slowly sliding down the wall. i pause, rethinking.

"well, now that i've thought about it... no. i don't think i would"

-

a/n
pls it doesn't even feel like christmas but hey, i'm excited for those skz albums i know i'm getting lol
what did u ask for this year?!?!

hope you liked this chapter <33