s e v e n

chapter seven

chapter seven

waving goodbye to yeji, i walk out of the school building, towards the benches where hyunjin said to meet him.

i clutch my gym bag, stepping around the corner to see him there, leaning against a brick wall,

looking as hot as ever.

i gulp, analysing his breath-taking features. his gaze is focused on the fluffy clouds, his hair sitting perfectly on his shoulders, accentuating his perfect side profile. he rakes a hand through his hair, letting it fall back slowly into place. and those lips.

those perfect lips.

hyunjin turns to face me, and i jump. i must've been standing there for like three minutes just watching him.

"you okay?" hyunjin takes a few steps towards me, waving a hand in front of my face.

"i'm good. now let's go. i'm curious to find out what's so special about where you're going to take me, hyunjin" he grins, sitting down at the bustop. i sit next to him.

-

"ta-da!" hyunjin removes his hands from my eyes, revealing a flower field. only the prettiest one yet.

"hyunjin!"

"it's so pretty!" i dance around, sticking my arms out and twirling around. "how'd you find this place?" i pick up a vibrant daisy, placing it in my hair.

hyunjin sits, and i sit next to him.

"i don't know, actually. i used to come here all the time as a kid" he glances at me as he speaks.

"but that's all i really remember" his smile fades. "now, i just come here to think. escape from everyday life. and of course get art inspo"

"so why'd you bring me here?" i ask. "if it's your special place"

"i want it to be our special place, that's only if you want" hyunjin's eyes dart to me.

i let out a heavy breath, leaning down to rest on my elbows, staring up at the pale blue sky.

"of course," i reply, his eyes twinkle slightly due to the sunlight.

i tap on his shoulder, "lay with me, hyunjin"

"you'll get your uniform dirty"

"i don't care, now lay down next to me you clean-freak"

"i'm sorry that i care about the state of your school clothes!" we both chuckle.

"but only for you" hyunjin lays down.

our shoulders are touching.

"what's your favourite colour?" he replies with "blue"

i pluck him a blue flower, placing it in his delicate hands.

hyunjin plucks out a red flower, placing it in my hands. heat rises in my cheeks, i can't hide my smile.

"how'd you know my favourite colour is red?"

"i'm magic" i watch his eye lashes flutter from the side, narrowing my eyes.

he turns his head to face me. "okay fine, you told me" hyunjin admits. "i knew it! but i can't remember when?" i pink at my fingernails.

"in the park, yesterday. before jeongin and lix and chan came.

"you should know by now that i have the memory of a goldfish" he nods in response, chuckling.

"i don't ever wanna leave here, hyunjin" i turn my own head to face him, resisting the urge to touch him.

"well you have to get to that sister of mine" he sits up.

"she'll just have to wait a little longer then" i grab his shoulder, pulling him back down.

"i've never been to a party before" i blurt out.

"never?"

"never." "so you'll have to help me out."

"of course. so i'm gathering you've never been 'under the influence' before either?"

"nope. is it fun?" i ponder.

"it can be. and sometimes it's not. it's easy to make dumb mistakes" his smile falters.

"being drunk cost me. for example, my ex"

"whatever happened, i'm sorry" the corner of his mouth lifts up a little.

"don't be. it was entirely my fault"

"i'll try not to get drunk then" we laugh.

"i wouldn't advise it"

"now let's go, it's getting dark" he rises to his feet, holding his hand out. i grab it almost immediately, then pulling my hand out of his.

"hyunjin! you're hands are so cold!" i rub them in between mine, to warm them up.

hyunjin smiles warmly,

i love that damn smile.

a/n!
so sorry updates have been slow! it's cus it's exam week next week :)

hope u enjoyed <3