e i g h t

chapter eight 

chapter eight 

"wait! before we leave" hyunjin pulls his phone out from his pocket, and i knit my eyebrows together in curiosity.

he snaps a picture of me quickly, and i gasp.

"hey! let me see that!" he holds his phone up out of my reach and i groan, trying to get it off him.

"you know i hate pictures, hyunjin" i stick my bottom lip out, fake-pouting.

"well i love them, so you're gonna have to deal with it" he smirks, slipping his phone into his pocket.

"at least let me take one of you!" he shrugs and looks into the camera, smiling. the sunset casts purple and pink hues all over the sky, so the background looks amazing. i take the picture before we leave the flower field.

-

"y/n... you know what? i'm not even going to question the dinosaurs" she pulls a confused expression while examining my desk.

"what? i love dinosaurs!" i pick up the little dinosaur toy, waving it in her face.

"okay, let's see what we have here..." she pulls open my closet, widening her eyes.

"woah, you have a lot of clothes!"

"yeah... perks of having a fashion-obsessed mother." i tell her, placing the dino back.

she squeals, pulling out a wad of clothing.

"i have so much to work with!!"

-

we spent the last few few hours trying on outfits for the party tomorrow. now, we're tired and hungry.

my mother strolls in, handing me a bowl of fruit, and one for yeji.

"thank you mrs y/l/n!" yeji gobbles the bowl down before my mum can even leave the door.

"you can have mine if you want" i place it in her lap, before she can refuse. she smiles in thanks.

"you mind if i wear this tomorrow?" she holds up a pink pleated skirt. i'll give it back after!"

"of course, and there's no need. i probably have another one in there somewhere" i smile and she pulls me in for a hug.

"okay, so you're happy with that outfit?" i nod as yeji packs up her stuff.

"i gotta go. i can't keep that impatient bang chan waiting any longer" we laugh.

"see you later!" she says goodbye to my parents too before leaving,

(the next day)

i squint my eyes open, blinking rapidly as i try to push the want of hyunjin leaning over my face again out of my mind.

it doesn't work.

"y/n! come downstairs please!" i match the booming voice to my father's, it makes me jump a little.

"coming!" i pull a hoodie over my head., skipping down the stairs.

"these are your friends, right?" my dad motions towards the dining table, i see jisung, jeongin and felix sitting at it. eating.

what?

"why are you guys here?" they all grin in sync. "i haven't even brushed my teeth!"

"we came to visit you!" jisung cheering mumbles with a mouthful. his cute cheeks resemble a squirrel. (#welovequokka🐿)

"and steal your food" felix adds.

"yeah, your dad makes really good pancakes" my dad laughs at jeongin's words, while placing another plate stacked full of kimchi pancakes on the table.

"mhmm... so good" jeongin hums at the taste as if he's in love and i burst out laughing. jeongin makes me laugh a lot.

i watch as jisung steals a sausage from felix's plate, resulting in felix slapping his hand.

"hey! why you touching my sausage?" felix exclaims as jeongin steals another one from him, sticking his tongue out at the blonde boy.

(pls tell me u know where that was from)

"wow y/n, you're so lucky to have a dad who cooks for you, only my mother does" jisung says to me.

"he only cooks when he wants to look good for guests" i mumble and they all laugh at my words.

"do you guys know where hyunjin is by any chance? he hasn't texted me back in a while so i was just wondering if he was okay"

"at a friends house" jisung answers, eyes bulging soon after. jeongin nudges his side, he cries out in pain silently.

"what??" the boy looks confused.

"you weren't supposed to tell her that, idiot!" jeongin whispers loud enough for me to hear.

"tell me what? that hyunjin is at a friends house? why would i care?" i shrug my shoulders.

"nothing, don't worry. it's just that da-eun said-"

"da-eun? she's a girl? um- that's um... cool" i cut him off, looking down.

felix smacks his own forehead, sighing. "han jisung!"

he holds his hands up in defence, and jeongin laughs silently to himself at them.

"jisung, what were you saying?"
felix's eyes bulge out at the flustered boy.

"um... i have to pee, be right back!" he hurries off into the corridor. "but you don't even know where it is!" i yell after him.

"i'll find it!"

"you guys don't have to keep things from me" the two boys stay silent.

"you're still not saying anything?" they both shake their heads in response.

"i hate you guys"

-

"hyunjin's already at the party. just in case you were wondering" chan says whilst driving. him and yeji are sat at the front, while i'm sat in the back counting every trash can i see.

"i wasn't"

i was.

"ahh! i'm so excited! are you ready for your first real high school party y/n?" yeji squeals.

"yep, thank goodness you both are here" chan turns back to smile at me, as yeji slaps his arm.

"focus on the road, sir!"

"call me that again, please? you know i like-" i widen my eyes and yeji gasps, clasping her hand over chan's mouth, who can't stop his laughter.

-

a/n!
well that took a drastic turn 😀
hope u liked :):)

questions because i'm curious and bored!

who's ur bias(es) in skz!?
what other groups do you stan? if you do lol

okay bye!!