t w e n t y - n i n e

chapter twenty-nine

chapter twenty-nine

"how about we watch the movie instead of talking about my life problems?" minho suggests, and jisung nods, regretting ever asking him about it due to the slight frown resting upon minho's features. jisung slowly leans against him, the comfortable silence only calming the both of them.

(y/n's pov again)

"follow me" hyunjin places his bag in the corner of his bedroom, and i drop mine next to his.

he leads us both into his art room, and i once again admire his beautiful pieces.

"he basically finished the project hyunjin, what are we doing in-"

he points at the painting that i gave him the day we went to the flower-field. i gasp, having completely forgotten about it.

"oh! i totally forgot about the painting, hyunjin. oops.." i know how badly he wanted to look at it.

"you actually didn't peek! i'm so proud" i smile widely, tugging on his arm a little.

hyunjin simply rolls his eyes. "i've been waiting for you to tell me when i can" a smile peeks out from his lips, and i laugh.

"well, can i look now?" he asks impatiently, eager to pull the cover off.

"of course, but close your eyes first" i smile, and hyunjin groans playfully, before placing his fingers over his eyes. he pulls the cloth off the painting, but the expression on his face is mixed. i can't tell what he's thinking, nor whether he likes it or not.

hyunjin reveals the painting fully, the cloth slowly falling to the ground.

"you drew me... with kkomi?" he stares at the painting, his unreadable face is starting to worry me.

maybe it wasn't a good choice to draw him with kkomi... when hyunjin was telling me about him he got kind of upset. hyunjin said that he still thinks about kkomi a lot, and he misses him very much.

kkomi's memory rests in kkami, who is named after him.

"yeah.. i wanted to change it up a little. i remember on the day we were at the flower field that you told me about him, and you showed me what he looked like. but i didn't want to tell you i was drawing him, so i tried to draw him from memory, in with you." i mutter, and hyunjin nods, a little slower than normal.

"no one's ever done anything like this for me before" he blurts out after a second of silence, and it's almost like a wave of relief has washed over me.

"do you like it?.." i ask him, only for hyunjin to turn his head towards me. he then takes a few steps towards me, before kissing me, hard.

i'm not surprised that hyunjin's lips are warm, but the slight chapped creases in his lips only make the kiss better. he gently grabs at my waist, squeezing it a little. his arm snakes around my back to lean into me more. i pull back, but only a few inches to mumble "i'll take that as a yes", a few giggles follow my words.

our faces are within close proximity, and i wish that i could just be like this with hyunjin forever. his simple company is all and everything i need.

"you can't just keep kissing me off-guard, hyunjin. it's not fair, and i need to prepare myself." it would be almost impossible to rip the smiles plastered on both of our faces, nothing could do it.

hyunjin's lips grace mine again. i'm not sure how to describe this feeling.

he pulls away, the light, feathery smile dancing upon his lips is present. "you mean like that?" i'm slowly backed against the wall, and my heart race picks up.

"you're perfect, you know that? i can't thank him you enough for the painting,"

"you don't have to thank me, hyunjin. i like seeing you smile."

just before he can express his thanks with yet another connection of our lips, the door to the art room bursts open, and hyunjin's mother steps through.

she glares at me silently, before the direction of her further stare averts to her son.

-
a/n!
sorry for not updating for so long!
i'm so excited for the comeback...
venom tease had me screaming while lonely st. had me crying..
bye!!