f o r t y - s i x

(holy- bang chan let me breath would you.."

chapter forty-six

chapter forty-six

i take a deep breath, finishing up on my final touches on my uniform before picking up my school bag. i'm nervous.

hyunjin is waiting for me outside my house. i have to say, i have missed some aspects of school during my absence. art lessons, walking home afterward to jisung or felix's house, or sneaking kisses with hyunjin underneath the staircase during lunchtime. school can be pretty fun, i guess.

"hey," i'm met with arms firmly setting on my waist once i step out of the front door. i reply with my own greeting quietly, feeling the warmth of soft lips against my forehead.

"are you ready to go?" i nod once more whilst intertwining my fingers with his, shutting the front door behind me.

"let's go"

-

there aren't as many stares and whispers as i had previously anticipated, which is good. i'm not expecting people not to wonder where i was gone, or what happened, but the intrusiveness could be toned down even just a little bit.

lunchtime is just how it is, how i usually enjoy it. the mini food fights, constant food theft and lots of laughs. i'm sitting next to channie, leaning my head on his shoulder when i hear someone approaching us from behind.

hyunjin, sitting on the other side of me, turns to face the person now standing behind me. his brows furrow.

i lift my head off chan's shoulder, my eyes circling around the group to see why the conversation died down. everyone's eyes are focused on the person behind me.

"what do you want?" minho speaks, surprisingly.

"oh.. i just want to speak with y/n, if that's okay" i match the voice to seungmin's. i have to stop myself from gasping.

remnants of memories from that night flash in my mind. every touch that i thought i'd pushed out all comes back to me once i see him.

i remain expressionless.

hyunjin looks at me, as a matter of fact i'm pretty sure all eyes are on me at the moment.

"sure" i utter calmly, not even a little bit aware of what i may be getting myself into. i don't want to speak to, or even see seungmin, so why would i agree to talk to him?

the group watches me intently, they're probably confused too.

he leads us out of the cafeteria, and into the hallway where classrooms lay.

seungmin seems unsteady, unsure of what to do. i keep my eyes on the ground, i have no means of making eye contact with him.

"i just want to start off by saying i'm sorry" he states, letting out an evidently held in breath.

"everything that happened.. everything that i did.. wasn't supposed to happen."

"i think almost everyone knows that i have a crush on you y/n" i lift my eyes up to meet his, which look as if they are filled with guilt and sorrow. i'm not sure of what to say, let alone think.

"and i let that control everything i did, and every thought i had. i wanted to know you, and be around you, and now that i think about it, it was almost like i was obsessed with you" seungmin admits.

i continue to watch him close. "but of course that  night was the worst of all. if i could go back in time.." for some reason, tears decide that they want to roll out of my eyes. but i stop them.

"there's no explanation for what i did, i overstepped a lot of boundaries. i'm sorry, really sorry."

"i just wanted you to be aware of that. i'll leave you alone now" before i can even open my mouth to say anything, seungmin has already hurried off down the corridor.

i wipe a single fallen tear away, and head back to the cafeteria.

-

"school trip? what about a school trip?" i ask felix. we're sitting on jisung's couch, playing cards. everyone came back to jisung's after school, except jeongin because he wanted to hang out with sieun.

"you didn't hear?" i shake my head in response.

"after we finish exams this week, there's going to be a trip, to some sort of camp or something." felix tells us, not even bothering to finish the food in his mouth.

"oh really? sounds like fun" i say.

"we're going this weekend, right after exams are over on friday"

"are you gonna come?" channie asks me.

"probably" i shrug.

"how are things with soyeon?"

-
a/n!
hello!
i'm seeing red velvet and more groups on saturday! ahhh
how exciting :)