f o r t y

wow chapter forty! 30k reads too! you guys are amazing..i would've never thought this book would get this far <333

i would've never thought this book would get this far <333

chapter forty

"hi, jisung." minho lets the brown-haired boy through the front door. there's obvious tension between the two, and neither of them know of what's to come.

"hey..can we talk?" minho nods, gesturing to the couch. they sit next to each other, but with a distance, of course.

"sorry about the other day. i didn't-"

"you don't have to be sorry. if anything i should be sorry, i..kissed you first" the older male replies, fiddling with his thumbs in his lap. jisung's heart quickens up it's pace at the thought of it.

"so.. what's going to happen now?" jisung asks, rubbing his hand against his neck.

"nothing, it was a mistake after all" minho regrets his words as soon as he reads the expression spread across jisung face.

"..a mistake?" he gulps, feeling his throat tighten. he's disappointed.

"jisung.. i have a girlfriend."

"so? you were just telling me about how you felt about her. your relationship isn't going well"

"that doesn't matter." minho can't look his best friend in the eyes, as much as he wants to. the pained expression on jisung's face is just too much to bear.

"why not?" he turns to face him, regretting it almost instantly.

"even if i didn't have a girlfriend, and we had feelings for each other, this..this could never happen."

"but why?"

"are you forgetting that we live in korea? and my parents.. this is just not how it works, jisung" minho rises to his feet, walking into the kitchen.

jisung follows, sighing out. "but we've never been ones to follow the rules, or care about what others think."

"this is different"

"no! it's not" jisung raises his voice a little, startling minho. he looks up at him from the other side of the kitchen island.

"do you know how hard it has been? how hard it has been to.. to suppress my feelings for you? all these years, minho. for so many years i've looked at you differently, because you were the one person who, i don't know, made me feel something."

"jisung.."

"ahhh han jisung! how i've missed you!" minho's dad interrupts his words, stumbling through the front door, with shopping bag after shopping bag.

"oh, mr lee, it's nice to see you, let me help you" jisung grabs a few of the grocery bags, before setting them down on the counter.

"it's been a while, huh? everything okay with school, and your parents?" jisung unconsciously unloads the shopping, this is practically his second home.