t w e n t y

chapter twenty

chapter twenty

"and he even fed a stray cat! isn't he great?" jeongin exclaims as we gather around on a chequered picnic blanket, we meaning felix, chan, jeongin, jisung, changbin, minho, hyunjin and i. i think i need a better name to refer to them with. felix somehow had the blanket in his bag, claiming that he 'always has one for confidential purposes'. yeji texted hyunjin that she's still at her friend's place since she's feeling a little ill, so we're not worrying. but chan sure is.

"well i would've just stolen the cat" minho says, causing me to laugh along with him.

a cold breeze surrounds my shoulders, as tall trees and shrubs enshroud all of us. it's dark out, the night sky is somber and starless, remnants of a purple and pink hued sunset hiding beneath the clouds.

felix is resting his head in changbin's lap, and chan is leaning his back and head against a tree, gazing up at the sky.

"yep, i don't really trust this guy" hyunjin says, sticking a strawberry in his mouth.

"but you haven't even met him!" i say to him, but he just shrugs.

"he's giving me bad vibes, not my fault" chan let's a chuckle out, that being the first sound out of him since we got here.

"i'm with y/n on this one, you don't even know what he looks like, hyunjin" changbin adds, laughing.

"i'm picturing a nerd with crazy hair and a uni brow" his smile widens, lips tugging up.

"well you're wrong, he's not a nerd and doesn't have crazy hair, or a uni-brow. you just must be jealous since you're not even close to being well-liked by everyone" hyunjin's smile falters as the rest let out 'ooh's' and 'ah's' at my harsh-ish words. okay, i may have exaggerated on the part about hyunjin not being well-liked a little, but he doesn't even know seungmin? what bad vibes could he possibly get?

i try to change the subject of kim seungmin quickly. "jeongin, how are you so clumsy?!" i'm referring to the splash of orange juice splattered on his school shirt.

"minho distracted me!-" i lose focus on his sentence, as my eyes drift to a quiet hyunjin. he's been deep in thought ever since.

the group starts talking about random things as they usually do, but while my lips and eyes move and i'm engaging in conversation, i'm still focused on hyunjin in the back of my mind. did i hurt him that much?... should i say something?

his lips look plumper than ever, his cheeks are dabbed in a rosy shade of red, indicating that he's cold, and well, we're all cold.

i shiver a little as a small breeze passes around me.

"are you cold?" i glance behind me to see hyunjin looking at me, amongst the blaring chatter and laughter erupting from our friends. his voice came out soft and low, little puffs of wind leaving his pink lips.

i pause, before nodding slowly. hyunjin widens the other side of his oversized hoodie that's not wrapped around him, motioning for me to sit with him so he can wrap it around me also.

and i do just that, squeeze next to hyunjin so that our bodies are touching, hands are touching, everything is touching and i'm acting like we haven't cuddled before.

i turn my head back to look at hyunjin, my eyes landing on his lips before drifting up to his eyes. "i'm sorry" i mutter, low enough for only him to hear, and he replies with a short nod.

"i'm sorry, too" hyunjin whispers and i return him with a short nod also, turning around to face the others who's eyes are fixated on us.

"what?" even chan is watching us, and chan has been upset all day.

"you two look like a couple" minho answers my question, and i turn to hyunjin once more, to see a soft smile resting on his lips.

"oh! well it's just because i'm cold, and-"

"yeah, yeah. we all know it" changbin cuts me off, and i narrow my eyes at him, shaking my head.

later on, i'm still sitting wrapped in hyunjin's hoodie with him, he's been whispering funny things into my ear ever since, causing laughter to erupt out of me. i hear minho mumble something about 'jisung looking like a goblin' while hyunjin continues to whisper into my ear, adding to the laughter that shoots out of me.

i feel eyes on me, but i dismiss them as i continue to chuckle.

i turn to face hyunjin again, the corner of his lips tugging up as he gazes into my lit-up eyes.

"what? i've noticed everyone's been looking at me today. am i just that pretty or something?" i joke, but he doesn't react.

"yes, yes you are. especially when you're laughing." hyunjin's cheeks go a deep red, and not because of the weather this time. he's blushing, and so am i.

"well- i- you know what,  i'm just not gonna say anything" he chuckles at my words, before returning to the conversation.

-
gosh i'm excited and scared for what's coming brace yourselves :>
someone pls recommend some good k-dramas i'm in need
night! :)