t w o

chapter two

chapter two

"y/n!" my mother's high pitched voice chirps through the corridors, echoing until it reaches my bedroom. i sigh out, dramatically, before placing the laptop that will somehow hold the decision of my future on my beside table.

before i can exit my door she meets me in the doorway, a certain look on her bright face. i automatically know what exactly it is that she wants.

i pull a black beanie hat over my head, slipping my feet into cosy slippers.

"how did you know what i want?" she furrows her dark brows.

"i know you, mom" i give her a smile and she returns the favour with a saddened expression.

"what did i do to deserve such a kind daughter?" she exclaims, i watch her perform a fake cry. "what is it this time?"

"chilli oil, darling" she grins, following me out of my bedroom.

-

warm breeze flows through my hair, as i walk to the nearest convenience shop with a little bounce in my step.

after successfully purchasing my mother's desired cooking substance, i grab myself some ramen and sit in an available stool against the window, outlooking the street.

a guy is perched up on the stool at the other end of the set of high chairs, eyes glued to my ramen cup.

i don't think i have ever seen anyone more beautiful in my entire duration of life. maybe it's because of his long hair, or round full lips, or luscious brown eyes.

i wouldn't usually outline a stranger's features this fast but with a face like that, he definitely deserves the recognition.

i pull out my ear phones, confused as to what has attracted him to the cup of ramen.

"that's an interesting choice" he speaks, and i turn to face him fully, glancing down at my food.

his voice is perfect too.

"um yeah i'm not particularly fond of the other flavours" i reply, my voice faltering slightly.

he chuckles.

"i feel like i've seen you somewhere before." the stranger questions. "have i?" his gaze on me is soft, i could stare at him all day.

"i wouldn't know. then again, i'm not you" the boy lets out yet another laugh.

"you're funny" he says, gaze settling on the hands being fiddled with in my lap.

"thanks" i say, fiddling with my chopsticks this time instead.

silence arises and i find myself wanting to strike up conversation again just to hear his voice.

"do you always do this?" our eyes meet. i swirl a single chopstick around in the remaining of my now cold dish.

"do what?"

"converse with strangers who differ in preference of ramen flavour from you? you look like the type to do that." i almost laugh at my own words.

he must find me absolutely ridiculous. i hate myself.

"you know what? i think i am. i probably am" he lets out another laugh, yet this time i laugh at the same time as him.

a single raindrop slides down the glass window, more and more follow until it's pouring with rain.

"i should head home" i place my trash in the can and rise to my feet. he does so too.

i wave goodbye to the cashier like i usually would. instead of waving back his eyes fluctuate between the stranger and i, a smile gracing his lips. was he listening to our whole conversation?

does that even count as a conversation? it didn't last very long.

he follows me out to the front of the shop, we stand underneath more glass.

he slips his hands into his pockets, cheeks filling with pink.

"i'm hyunjin" he announces.

"hi hyunjin" he smiles as his name passes my lips. i take a step but his voice stops me in my tracks.

"hey i didn't catch your name"

"that's because i didn't throw it. our conversation wasn't very long." i tell him, raising my voice a little so that he can hear me over the pitter-patter of the rain.

"for all i know, you could be a kidnapper"

"do i look like a kidnapper?" his brows curve inwards and i want to laugh, but i don't.

"actually yeah, the hottest ones always are" i turn away from him facing the street again, biting the lips on my stupid mouth. who in the world says that?

"so you think i'm hot?" hyunjin has a perfect view of my side profile right now which i normally wouldn't like but i can't look at the possible smirk on his face right now.

i sigh, giving in and turning to face him.

there's no smirk, thankfully. but a small smile.

"i don't want to boost your ego or anything but yes, of course. pretty much anyone with a clear vision can confirm that fact."

he erupts into laughter. i like the way his face lights up, the way his eyes narrow and his cheeks inflame when he finds something funny.

"my ego is most definitely now sky high"

"it was nice meeting you, hyunjin" he gulps. "but i seriously have to go, or my mother will strangle someone not knowing what's taking me so long" he pulls his bottom lip in between his teeth, before slipping something into my hoodie front pocket.

"bye, pretty girl" hyunjin turns around and walks away, i watch him get soaked as he runs through the rain, until i can't see him anymore.

he gave me an umbrella.

and most importantly, he called me 'pretty girl'.

nobody has ever called me that before.

ever.

a/n
ahhh i hope you liked this chapter!!