t h i r t y - f o u r

chapter thirty-four

chapter thirty-four

"bye!" i wave goodbye to felix and his mother, before walking out of his house onto the driveway.

it's cold out tonight, spring is nearing which means it'll at least be getting a little warmer soon. i'm not sure i like spring too much, my favourite is summer.

i'm heading back home, and the rain starts to pick up. i pull the hood of my hoodie up over my head, picking the pace up a little.

it's raining hard now, and i'm completely soaked. great. until a car pulls up beside me.

"y/n! get in!" it takes me a few seconds to match the voice to seungmin's, but once i'm inside the car i'm completely positive that it's him.

"what are you doing all alone out here? it's dark and wet and cold out!"

"i-.. i was- walking-" it's hard trying to breathe and talk at once.

"you can catch your breath first, you know" seungmin switches the lights on in his car, revealing his face clearly. wait, seungmin has a car?

"i was heading home from lix- felix's house. what are you doing?" he nods, placing his hands on the steering wheel.

"i was- doesn't matter." i furrow my brows, but dismiss his answer anyway.

"since when do you have a car?" i glance around, taking in its cleanliness. "it's really nice by the way"

"thanks, my parents just got it for me recently."

rain is pouring harshly outside, raindrops collide with the glass, clinging to it. i watch them closely, before turning back to seungmin.

"i didn't even know you could drive" i tell him.

"well there's a lot of things you don't know about me, y/n" he turns to look at me, a small smile forming at his lips.

"oh, well-"

"we didn't really get a chance to get to know each other, and now since you have a boyfriend, that's going to be harder to do"

"um-" he cuts me off again.

"but i won't let him stop me. i'll get what i want" he mumbles, this time his voice is lower, almost scary-like. what? why is seungmin acting like this?

"so, where do you live?"

"on the next left" silence bubbles up, because i'm unsure of what to say.

"your group did really well in the performances, well done" seungmin congratulates me and i give him a smile in thanks.

he mumbles something about it being 'a shame' and then hyunjin's name but i can't hear most of it because his voice is so low.

he switches on the radio, the music fills the silence again.