f o r t y - o n e

40k now!! i love you guys :)

chapter forty-one

"fuck- we can't- we can't go to my house, my mom, she's hosting some sort of party with her work friends." hyunjin says, sighing. party buzz is still fresh in the air. i splashed a little water on my face to calm myself down earlier, but it didn't do much.

"i can just go home hyunjin" he shakes his head almost immediately. "no, i don't want you to be alone tonight"

"how about my house? you can stay in the guest room if you want?" changbin offers, i watch hyunjin nod.

"uhh sure, thanks binnie"

-

lix and chan followed us from the party to changbin's house. they're resting on the couch, eating snacks and laughing together. i didn't realise changbin's home was this huge. i lay in the guest bed upstairs, sprawled out while hyunjin watches me.

"are you tired?"

"not really" i reply, sitting up on the bed. i smooth down the covers.

"do you feel okay? do you wanna talk about what happened yet?" i shake my head, that's the last thing i want. i'm trying to banish all thoughts about what happened tonight out of my mind.

"no, not much. and i do feel okay hyunjin"

"do you promise?" his lips curve up.

"i'm alright, i promise. i'll explain later, but right now, let's just chill"

"okay then.. changbin has a pool out back" he says, fiddling with my fingers.

"that's cool, but i don't have my swimming things" i tell him.

hyunjin smirks. "do you really need them?.." i smack his arm lightly as he laughs, raising a brow.

"i'm kidding, just wear my t-shirt" i contemplate in my head whether this is a good idea.

"okay, let's go"

-

i change in the bathroom, pulling hyunjin's t-shirt over my head and slipping my arms through. it reaches my knees. this doesn't even fit hyunjin? why does he get them so large?

we head downstairs, i meet eyes with changbin.

"hey! wanna watch with us?" lix offers, noticing our presence.

"not right now, lix. but is it cool if we head out to the pool, changbin? i know it's late, but.." hyunjin explains.

"sure, just don't forget to cover it up once you're done"

"will do" i follow hyunjin through the house, laughing to myself at the pictures of baby changbin and his sister displayed on the walls. the wooden deck creaks beneath our feet once we're outside, i set my towel on one of the deck chairs.