t w e n t y - f i v e

chapter twenty-five

chapter twenty-five

hyunjin approaches us, a soft smile displayed across his pink lips.
once he reaches us, he stops next to me, eyeing seungmin.

"hi, i'm kim seungmin. it's-"

"that's nice" he turns to face me, dismissing the boy who resembles a puppy. "y/n. let's hang"

"don't be rude! hyunjin, this is seungmin. and seungmin, this is hyunjin"

hyunjin nods reluctantly, shifting his weight on his legs before facing me again.

"what were you two talking about?" he questions.

"oh, seungmin was just telling me about how he's been to america before, and he offered to take me one day." i say, hyunjin's lips purse.

"i've been to the U.S too, las vegas. so i can take you"

"that's okay, i'd rather do it." seungmin replies suddenly.

i furrow my brows in confusion. "guys- it's not like i've planned it or anything, it's just a simple thought."

both boys of similar height glare at each other, tension rising as i stand in between, very confused.

"hyunjin, we should start heading to art class" i grasp on his wrist, pulling him back gently.

"i'll see you in english, seungmin" i give him a little wave before heading off with hyunjin, my hand still tightened around his wrist.

-

"come on, y/n! more power!" our dance group leader instructs, yelling in my face. i'm sweating and my joints are threatening to give in. we've been dancing for hours, but our leader ye-rin won't listen to our pleas to at least let us have a break.

i repeat the dance move, finally becoming in-sync with everybody else and she smiles, moving to the next person to boss around.

"5, 6, 7, 8!" we repeat the whole dance for the umpteenth time, all the girls groaning, including me, that their legs are aching but ye-rin doesn't seem to care, instead she yells at us to move faster.

another girl struggles to keep up, and she falls to the ground, knees buckling.

"you aren't even our teacher! why are you working us so hard?" she yells, tears brimming at her eyes.

"you want to know why i'm working you so hard, soo-ah? it's because when that competition day arrives, we are going to be the best performers!" i chuckle to myself, rolling my eyes. i turn back to see other groups simply sitting in circles, conversing with one another.

"so it's about you winning?" i add.

"yes, and us. so if we do this three more times, then maybe i'll let you take a short break" an evil grin forms at her lips q and i fight the urge to pour water over her head or something.

we've been practicing this for this competition for weeks, the dance competition. the boys have formed their own little dance group, and they're performing their own song for the competition too.

practice is finally over for the day, so i peek my head through the boys practice room to see minho, changbin and chan rehearsing. chan?

"chan? you're in school?" he smiles when his eyes meet mine, but mine falls. chan has heavy eye-bags beneath his eyes, showing clear signs of under-sleeping and tiredness.

"are you okay?" minho stops standing and walks over to us, his eyes hanging low. so does changbin.

"i know you haven't been sleeping well, but i didn't think it was this bad" i tell him, watching him rub his eyes.

"yeji and i... we're done. i broke up with her yesterday because i found out why she was gone for all those days. it was because she was cheating." i gasp out, before i immediately pull chan towards me, hugging him.

"oh my god! i'm so sorry" i want to cry for him. all these days he's been waiting for her, just to find out that she has been disloyal to him.

"i knew it in the back of my mind, i just didn't want to admit it." chan weeps onto my shoulder, the other boys joining in with the hug.

"i'm really sorry she attacked you y/n, i only just found out. i'm sorry..." chan cries harder, and i smooth my hand up and down his back, feeling his bones against my skin.

chan hasn't been eating too, he's lost a lot of weight.

"don't apologise channie. it wasn't your fault at all" i tell him, i watch a tear slip out from even changbin's eye.

"the whole school knows what she's done, y/n. that's why yeji hasn't turned up, because it turns out that the reason she attacked you was because she thought you told the whole school." minho says.

"but of course it wasn't you, we don't know who it was." changbin adds.

"this is all just messed up, i'm tired of this. how about we do something fun, channie? your favourite thing."

"food? we can go get food if you want. i'll pay!" i offer.
a small smile graces chan's lips as i wipe his tears away, smoothing my own face down as well.

he stands up properly, grabbing his stuff. "thank you y/n. i'm so glad to have met you" chan mutters as we exit the boy's rehearsals room.

"what about me?" changbin punches his arm playfully and chan winces.

"i love you too changbin, i always will" chan squeezes his arms around changbin, finally laughing.

"okay okay, now go away"

-
a/n!
hope u liked this chapter!
and 2k reads for this book?!?! ty ty so much <333
:)