f o r t y - t w o

(my changlix heart)

chapter forty-two

i blink my eyes awake, try to adjust them to the light that's streaming through the glass windows.

i smile softly at the sight of hyunjin in a peaceful slumber beside me. he's resting on his stomach, the comforter is only covering his lower body, revealing his back to me. i think of last night, and how perfect it was, how perfect hyunjin was.

i watch him for a little, admiring his pretty features before he slowly opens his eyes, a smile gracing his face almost immediately.

hyunjin yawns, turning to rest on his side so that he's facing me. his arm drapes over my waist, pulling me right into his front.

"were you watching me sleep?" i feel his subtle heartbeat, heaving blanket pressing against my body as i nod. he lets out a laugh.

"you sleep okay?" i nod once more, the warmth radiating from his body consumes me and i can't move.

hyunjin rubs his hand against my bare back, i look up at him to meet his eyes, before snuggling my face into his chest again.

"do you.. regret it at all?" his voice is low, and a little groggy.

"no, i have no regrets." i mumble, tightening my arms around his frame. my chest presses against his, hyunjin hums at the warm feeling.

"i'm really glad it was with you" i mutter. my fingers find his hair, carding through it. i feel him smile against my skin

"me too" he breathes, i start to feel sleepy again simply from his warm embrace.

"we should probably change changbin's sheets for him" i giggle at my own words, glancing up to see hyunjin's red-filled cheeks.

"so cute" i mumble to myself, allowing my eyes to close once again.

moments of silence pass, the only thing that can be heard in the room is our soft breaths. i feel so safe with him like this. if only moments like these could last forever.

-

once i wake up again, the sun is setting outside. i can't believe i slept for the whole day. i pat the space beside me, and hyunjin isn't sleeping next to me anymore.

i step out of the bed, grabbing hyunjin's shirt and pulling it over my body. i gather our clothes and lay the bed, sorting myself out before heading downstairs.

i spot hyunjin sitting at the dining table, a plate of food in front of him. he turns around at the sound of floorboards creaking beneath my feet.

i slide into the seat next to him, and he pushes his plate of food in front of me, smiling.

"help yourself" i start to eat the pasta.

"you should've woken me up, hyunjin" i tell him.

"you looked so peaceful though" he laughs, and i roll my eyes.

"where is everyone?" i ask, drinking out of his water cup. i dont feel bad in the slightest that i'm stealing his meal, i'm hungry.

"jisung and minho came over, but then they all went out, bowling or something" he says.

"oh" i wipe the corners of my mouth with a napkin.

"last night, i'll explain what happened now" i say, and i feel hyunjin's lift his gaze to me.

"only if you want" he offers a smile.

"after we went into the room, seungmin told me that he likes me, and that he wants to be with me." the mood in the room shifts once the words pass my lips. hyunjin holds his head in his hands, not saying anything.

"i obviously told him no, that i don't feel that way about him and that i don't want that, but he wouldn't listen. he.. kissed me even though i told him no, but yet again he wouldn't listen. he-" tears burn in my eyes as my voice cracks, bringing my words to a halt. hyunjin reaches over to take my hand into his.

"hey, it's okay. take your time"

"he was drunk, so drunk that he wasn't thinking. he wanted to do things that i didn't want and i tried to stop him hyunjin, i really did."

"i know you did, you don't deserve this" a frown forms at his lips.

"eventually he stopped, it was like something switched off, or on in him. he apologised and i fell to the ground, and that's when lix came in"

"i don't know who that was, or what came over him, but that.. that wasn't seungmin" hyunjin wipes away at my cheeks.

"i'm so sorry, hyunjin. i never should've went in there in the first place" i mumble.

"no, don't apologise. it's not your fault, it's that.. psycho's fault. i don't want him near you, ever again." anger swirls in his eyes.

"hyunjin-" he cuts me off.

"all that talk about me leaving you- it's not gonna happen, not ever. you're stuck with me" his hands cup my cheeks. once he releases my face, i reach for his hand again and my lips tug up.

"i'm just glad you're okay" he says.

"you wanna watch a movie or something? or that drama you like" hyunjin suggests, and the mood in the room shifts again.

"what was it again? strong woman.."

"do bong soon!" i chuckle.

"yeah, that one"

"you sure changbin doesn't mind that we're practically living at his house?"

"we're not going home anytime soon, so he has no choice"

-

a/n!
i'm sorry for the wait guys! there's like.. 8 days of exams left 😭 i'm so drained :((

hope you enjoyed this chapter!!