Chapter 40: Familiarity

It has been a few hours since we have arrived in Mag Mel and was greeted by Lady Wakumi, however Kaida has yet to wake up from her slumber. After letting ourselves heal in the healing pool, Aunt Ranumi immediately went to attend to Kaida's injuries, despite the amount of energy Kuraokami donated to his sister, resulting in him passing out as well.

Currently, we are in Kaida's room within the fortress. Given the information we were told earlier and knew what to expect, it's clear that the Jaganshi and Minamino family held a higher status after observing the demons that respected them.

"How long do you think Kaida will be sleeping? It's been a few hours just after we met the three main men of this place." Ryokuryuu asked, looking at the girl peacefully sleeping in her bed.

"Considering the amount of injuries she received and the energy loss, it wouldn't be a surprise if she's gonna be rest for the whole day." Hinata guessed based on logic.

"When it comes to a human with high spirit power, sure." Yukiko said, waving her now-healed arm, "Plus, Dad's gonna be up in a bit since he's been fighting with Uncle Yusuke for a long time."

"Wanna bet once Kaida wakes up, she'll punch Daisuke in the face?" Teruyuki suggested a bit eagerly,

"Most likely." Kohana sighed knowingly,

"Heck yeah!" Yukiko agreed wholeheartedly, with Hansuke nodding,

"The hell's wrong with you people!" Daisuke complains, feeling betrayed by group he grew up with.

"Why would Kaida punch Daisuke in the face?" I asked, still having Tatsuo in my arms,

"Because big sister doesn't like Daisuke close to her face. Big brother Haku, she'll get angry." The little dragon girl answered for me.

'How can this little girl be so cute and sensible for her age?' I asked myself in thought as I looked at Tatsuo, reminding me of Hinata when she was younger,

"Well I bet that Kai's gonna talk to me calmly as I'm the first person she'll look at the second she opens her eyes." Daisuke said with confidence,

"You're a lemon, Dai!" Yoko mumbles in Kiyoshi's arms,

"Doubt it." The half-breeds replied in unison, deflating his ego,

"Some support you guys have!" He said feeling betrayed before leaning down on the bed,

"If Kuraokami is here, he would kill you." Hansuke pointed out,

"Don't you... get tired of it?" Seiryuu asked Daisuke, "Kaida... doesn't want you. Why force yourself to receive her love in return?"

"What's it got to do with you four-eyes? You like her or something." Daisuke retorted,

"Please, you mustn't fight in front of the kids." Hinata interjects in between the two in concern,  "Kaida might wake up if you fight."

Right then a light moan was heard as Kaida slowly opened her eyes, blankly staring at Daisuke.

"I see you're not dead, Kai." He said,

As expected, Daisuke was punched across the room from the bed with Kaida's arm stretched into a fist. The timing couldn't be better as Kuraokami walked in, just in time to witness the eldest Urameshi boy went flying from the first of his beloved twin sister.

"Wow! Miss Kaida is stronger than a man." Ouryuu said making us men specifically sweatdrop at the offensive fact.

"I see that you've recovered and seemed energetic." Kuraokami said with a teasing smile to his sister,