Chapter 43: School Festival Preparations

A Month Later

"Alright then, considering the final choices and number of votes, we'll be doing Sleeping Beauty for the play." Kuraokami stated in front of the class with Kaida assisting him on the other side of the whiteboard, containing the results of the voting choice.

"Since the festival is a month away from now, we can choose our roles through votes again by tomorrow." Kaida said as she looked at everyone in the class, "All our participation is required on this, and I hope for our last year in senior high to be memorable. So, let's do our best."

"You got it, Jaganshi-san!"

"Our last year is gonna be the best yet!"

Currently, all of us have just finished discussing what we're going to do for the cultural festival. But my mind is concerned for Kaida's well-being after learning about her dark past.

She hasn't spoken much during that day but looked like a heavy burden was lifted from her as she seemed calmer around my brothers. I'm sure little by little she's able to get used to being in a man's presence, even if it takes time.

I was glad to meet her other family members when we visit the gravesite. Although we weren't able to meet the Lord of Mag Mel, and Yaketsuku, the two twins' biological grandfather, I was glad that we get to formally meet their allies during the days before the peace treaty between the Three Worlds.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I saw Kuraokami leaving the room. Probably for Student Council.

"Hinata." Hearing my name being called I looked at Seiryuu who seemed concerned, "Are you okay?" He asked,

"Oh, I'm fine." I smiled at him, "I'm just wondering about our roles tomorrow."

"Glad to know you're excited about the play." Kaida said as she approached us with a booklet in her hand. However, the look on her face tells me she's not happy about the play at all.

"I'm guessing you're not onboard with the play." I said, sweating at her.

"Majority of the votes are casted when our class was one of the few that was chosen to have a play, and there's nothing I can do about it in choosing the type of story we're doing." She said, making her point as she crossed her arms, "I'm just hoping I don't get picked for a bigger role. That goes for my brother as well."

"Is Kuraokami not gonna participate in the lead roles?" I asked thinking that he would be fitting as Prince Philip in the play.

"He specifically requested that he shouldn't play the main characters of the story but is still willing to play the side characters." Kaida said, "Reasons would be because of student council considering he is the president."

"Still, I'm looking forward for the roles we're gonna play." I said happily as I looked at Seiryuu, "Don't you think so too, Seiryuu?" I asked,

"Maybe..." He said unsure,

"Well, the roles will depend on the votes among our class, so it'll ease your worry of may not playing as one of the main casts." Kaida reassured him, to which he nodded. "Speaking of which, are you coming with us back home later?" She asked,