Extra Chapter 42.5 : Kaida's Trauma

8 years ago

Two years passed after Hiei left his family for his mission. Hayami dropped her twins off at school on their first day in the third grade of a new school year. She was worried that the kids would still be sad that their father won't be coming home in a while.

"Alright you two, look after each other and listen to your teachers, okay?" She said patting their heads gently,

"Mother, I want to wear my scarf." Kaida said, feeling anxious as she fiddled with her school skirt. "I just want to wear it."

"Don't worry sweetheart, I understand." Hayami said as she brought the scarf out from her bag and wrapped it comfortably around her neck, "Feel better?" She asked, knowing that the scarf Hiei gave their daughter had a sense of comfort,

"Hmm." Kaida hummed, feeling her anxiety mellow down,

"We'll go now, Mother." Kuraokami said as he held his sister's hand. "See you after school."

"Right. You two as well." Hayami said, kneeling as she each kissed their foreheads and saw them off through the gates. A worried look came over her face. "It's been two years Hiei, Kaida needs her father much more so than our son. I hope you stay safe as well out there." She mumbled looking at the morning sky in thoughts of her husband before leaving the school grounds.

"Oh, look what the cat dragged in." Emiko spats as soon as Kaida walked into the classroom with her brother.

"Knock it off, Emiko." One of their classmates said,

"It's too early in the morning for this." Another said lazily, "And on a Monday."

"I already told you to stop bullying my sister, Emiko," Kuraokami said to the girl in front of her while protecting his twin from behind, "You should be more afraid of the consequences of your actions."

"Kura, it's fine." Kaida said, tugging the back of his uniform, "She's not gonna stop and it's been years since she's been our classmate. Just let it go or we'll get in trouble."

Kuraokami clenched his fist in anger, trying to endure lashing out and revealing his powers to their classmates. But he knew his sister was right. Reluctantly, he let it go and led her to her seat before giving Emiko a hard glare, causing her to visibly flinch, but pretend not to notice it, terribly.

"Just ignore her, sister." He said turning to his twin and gently patting her head, being mindful of the wound on her forehead that was still sensitive. "You're right, she's not worth the trouble." Kuraokami tenderly said with a warm smile,

Kaida gave a small smile. "I told you." She said as he went to his seat behind her.

Class began as soon as their teacher came in.

During art class in their fourth period, Emiko spilled black paint on Kaida's head as she was painting her artwork.

"There. This is my masterpiece. A Black Little Witch." Emiko said, causing her friends to laugh mockingly at their victim.