Chapter Fourteen

Elle's POV

Saturday night came around fast, and here we were at The Grove. Swear to God, I'm about to find the volume control and turn it down about six notches, which probably highlights the fact that at the tender age of twenty, I'm too old for this shit.

Mercifully, the music dies down, and the next song belts out something a little smoother that my eardrums might approve of once they stop bleeding.

Jimin was being a little too much with me. He dared me that I wouldn't make my move tonight on a totally strange, obviously I took up the offer, which I am starting to regret. He wants to see if I would actually do it. Fuck!

I was wearing a killer outfit. I looked unreal. And I was glad I chose to wear that dress, because obviously it was making him hot. I had a killer night with my friends ahead of me. I was excited to see what the night had instore.

"Oh my god, look at you. You look unreal" Grace shrieked

"No joke, fucking shit, she is not lying" Sam concurred.

I grinned and whispered, "I know."

Their huge smiles beamed. They knew about the dress because I'd told them. In fact, I told them everything, well not everything. Sam wasn't too happy about it for some odd reason.

Taehyung slid in, twisted his tree trunk neck and aimed his scowl at me.

"Looking sexy tonight Martin" he grunted

"It's not for you"

He smirks "I think it might be"

I twisted my neck and looked back at the girls and rolled my eyes. They drag my hand away and lead me over to the bar.

* * * * *

Jimin's POV

"So, which one?" I step in front of her while eyeing a group of football players.

Tonight's lesson involves approaching potential hook-ups. Not that Elle will be hooking up with the goofs running around this place. My lesson is specifically designed to keep her integrity intact.

Elle looked unreal tonight and that dress I got for her, is smoking. I don't think I can take much more of her walking around the house half-dressed, her wet hair, her braless mornings. If she doesn't give in soon, I'll fall on my knees and beg her to have her way with me. She's got me shaking just walking past her in the hall. We've done the movie and the dinner thing, twice. I think it's time to up the ante, lie down and see if she bites. God, I hope she bites.

"Okay, see those two guys?" I point just past the jocks.

"The cute one with the football, and the buffed-out guy in a wife beater?" She licks her well-glossed lips.

"Nope." I redirect her to the lanky pair with their pants riding high on their waists. "We're going to start with those two. I want you to get at least six different numbers tonight. That should help you break out of your shell." And keep her woman parts safe from assholes that have an unnatural obsession with pigskin and wife beaters.

She rolls her eyes "That's totally not fair, but fine" before she goes, I grab her arm and swing her back to me.

"Think of me"

She bites her lip

I dip my face close and ordered, "Baby, fuckin' kiss me."

She lifts a hand to my neck, tipping my face back, holding my eyes and pressed her lips to mine.

Then I closed my eyes as I smelled her perfume.

She ran her tongue along the crease of my lips.

Then suddenly her arms were locked around me, my torso was tight to hers, my body twisted so I was angled across hers and partially in her lap and her other hand drove into my hair as her tongue thrust into my mouth and she kissed me.

Plunder.

I had it once.

I missed it desperately.

My arms circled her shoulders, one hand in her hair. I held on and enjoyed the heck out of the ride.

She broke the kiss but pressed my head in, his shifting so my lips were at her ear and hers were at mine.

"Go"

"Are you sure you won't be jealous?" She asks

"I'll try not to be... Now, get a move on, young grasshopper. I'll watch from the side-lines." I nod over to the super geeks in the corner until she ventures off in that direction.

A tangle of bodies filter between us, and I can't help but notice Elle is turning heads. Before I know it, an entire herd of vulture-like, horny-as-hell, jocks surround her. Great.

"Well, well well.... you showed up. I thought your virgin girlfriend would've wanted a nice cosy night in" Namjoon shoulders up to me and hands me a beer.

"You mean that virgin" I point over in Elle's direction

"Well.... how is life going with her?" he asks

"I haven't scared her off yet, if that's what you mean."

"That's not what has me worried. It's the fact she hasn't scared you off yet. Look....she's over there with a different guy. I'm beginning to think you've lost your touch. Take her to task in the bedroom or boot her out the door. If you don't do her, I might just have to intervene and do her for you."

"Right. I'm leaving you now." I head toward Elle to help her navigate the sheer number of drooling idiots who have amassed around her like zombies in some B-rated horror flick.

"Hey gorgeous!" A pair of familiar arms wraps themselves around me. I glance down to find a brunette.

"Linda"

"You remembered" She giggles

"Look, I'm..." I glance over at Elle and her band of aspiring bed mates, as she waves from across the room. She glances at the pale limb secured around my waist, and a hurt look flashes across her face. Elle flips her hair and pretends not to notice as she turns her attention back to the "cute" jock.

Shit. They're flocking to her, smiling like idiots, wearing their hard-ons right on their sleeves.

"Listen, I gotta go." I pluck her arm off and head into the crowd.

I dig through a swell of bodies and every time I think I'm getting closer to Elle, she and her throng of boy toys drift a little farther out of reach.

"Jimin!" Hindley steps up and I lose sight of Elle altogether "So the rumours are true" She gives her signature smirk

"Nope. Just a friend"

She mouths out an O. "Look" - she glances into the throng of bodies - "I'd hate to see anybody get hurt. Why don't you do everyone involved a favour and grow a pair - either commit or cut her loose. She's not at this school looking for heartbreak. I know what Mary did sucked, and I totally get why you took it out on the next five hundred vaginas that were at the ready, but Elle..." - she shakes her head - "she's not the same. Go easy on her, would you?" She melts back into the crowd like an apparition.

She's right. Elle is different.

Maybe I'm the one who should be vying for her attention.