Chapter Twenty Seven

The following Sunday I decided to brave the snow and grab some coffee with Grace and Sam.

Grace called, said there was some kind of relational emergency and that she needed a hot brunette with a great body ASAP. To be honest, I didn't like the sound of it.

Jimin has been helping his mother with house repairs all weekend. I'm not sure how he magically morphs into a handyman once he leaves the house, and yet the heater remains mysteriously irreparable.

Shock.

I'm not complaining though, I've spent the last week lying naked in his arms. Yeah naked. Imagine but nothing sexual happened. I promise.

I actually thought Jimin would have given up already with me since I haven't slept with him yet. He knows I want to but it's his own choice to go slow. Which I am ok with. I think I am anyway.

Per rules of the universe Starbucks is packed wall-to-wall with bodies. You'd think the only working heater in all of New York was right here in this shop, and if Jimin's home, and the classrooms are any indication, it just might be.

The thick scent of coffee seduces me with its slightly burnt aroma, and I inhale deeply as I get in line.

"Elle" Grace waved me over "Hey, I got you a coffee already" she beams handing me a takeout cup

"I love you"

She blows me a kiss

"So, what's so important?" I ask her taking a seat next to Sam

"Oh, don't start her" 

Sam groans and gets up

"What's up with her?" I point

Grace shrugs "Think she's still raging about that whole Jungkook situation"

I groan "Really?"

She shrugs "I think so, she's been off with me since that night"

I shake my head "She's unbelievable......but anyway spill"

She sits forward "Guess who I was talking to today?"

"Who? Jimin?"

"No.... I talked to your mom"

I shake my head "Wait, you spoke to my mother?" I ask

She nods "Yeah. You'll never guess what she said"

I wait for a response. "She's getting married"

"What?"

She nods excitedly "Yeah, how cool is that"

I shake my head "I didn't even know she had a boyfriend"

She shrugs

A heavy feeling overcomes me at the thought of her racking up another tally mark in divorce court. I hate the thought of Mom getting her heart broken once again.

"So that's why you called me here?" I question

She nods "She found it odd that she couldn't get in contact with you. Said all your social media pages have disappeared"

I hide behind my coffee

"Babe.... I know you and your mom don't get along too well, but come on this is soooooo exciting"

I sigh

"She'll be coming out in the next few weeks so you might want to make arrangements."

"Eugh, why does she have to stay with me?" I groan

"Baby, it's your mom?" she laughs

I shake my head "Wait hold up...... How did she get your number?" I ask