Chapter Twelve

I couldn't stop thinking about what Grace had to say earlier. It was eating at me. Ever since I began living with Jimin, my head has been scrambled. He acts like he cares and I'm not sure if its friend love or sexual love. If that makes any sense at all.

The thought of him being my boyfriend stuns me.

I didn't see this train of thought coming.

Am I really trying to trick him into boyfriend-hood? I'm not am I? Tricking someone into a relationship is the earmark of a despicable person. I'm simply attracted to Jimin and, it just so happens, not to anybody else. A part of me does want to be a player - the girl with a heart of steel who could care less about who I'm "playing" with at the moment, but it just so happens he's the only one I'm interested in sharing myself sexually with.

Anyway, classes are back again and I'll probably forget all about my hormones like I have in the past. I'm studious that way, and professors and books rarely hold much sex appeal.

I sat on the chair in the kitchen, staring out of the window thinking about all of this. My thoughts were completely scaring me. I sigh.

I spin my chair and see a figure behind me. I'm met with a stunningly handsome, drop dead gorgeous, very much aware of the fact I look like an ass, Park Jimin

Just fuck.

I wasn't expecting him to be home this early. I feel like he has been trying to avoid me, something was off and I felt so uncomfortable.

"Didn't know you would be home" he says

"Sorry, was I meant to tell you"

He shakes his head "No, fuck. I am just surprised, that's all"

Then he'd sauntered out of the kitchen, disappearing around the wall only to return within moments with a pack of cigarettes and a Zippo lighter in his hand. He came direct to me. Gently, he tugged me off my stool and moved toward the doors to the balcony, not going down the steps to the sunken portion but guiding me around the edge.

Then I held my breath as he positioned himself behind me and wrapped an arm around my chest, pulling me back into his front side.

Then he lifted his cigarette and took a drag.

"You shouldn't smoke," I advised

"Heard that before," he muttered.

"I bet you have," I muttered back.

"It bother you?" he asked and I thought about this.

It didn't bother me, I mean he was aloud to do whatever the hell he wanted but with history of smokers in my family, it obviously didn't go to plan. I was used to the smell. As far as my Dad was concerned, it made me nostalgic. As far as my aunt was concerned, it was just the way it was. It was home. Both of them that I had growing up.

"Funny enough, it reminds me of home"

"Your folks smoke?"

"Yeah, my Dad. Then my aunt. She was a chimney. Pack and a half a day."

I felt his body tense and he asked, "Your aunt?"

"She practically lived with us"

He was silent a moment, the tenseness increasing then his arm loosened around my chest only for his hand to shift me. He shifted too, resting a hip against the railing then his arm around my waist pulled me close to his front, almost touching, as he looked down at me.

"When was the last time you spoke to your dad?" he asks

I shrug "I'm not too sure?"

I shook my head "Its so strange. My life sounds so dramatic. But shit happens"