Chapter 40 - Epilogue

Four years later

Four years later.

Maelle.

The princess name Noah came up with.

It was perfect for her, it suited everything about her. My sunshine, my precious bug, my baby girl, and most importantly my daughter.

She was two years old two weeks ago. And let me tell you, she looks nothing like me and only like her daddy. His dark hair and brown eyes detailed her small oval face perfectly. Most mothers are usually mad about this but I wasn't, not when she would grow up so beautifully.

My little girl was currently fighting with Mateo and Noah about the princess movie she wanted to watch, their options not being good enough for her. Uncle Russo adored her, evidently because her name was the one he picked, and since he got to play dress-up with her whenever he wanted. Don't even get me started on the constant tea parties he tries throwing for her, and I mean an actual party with a bunch of guests.

It's sweet but ridiculous. A child doesn't need a big-ass tea party to have fun. She can do that with her stuffed animals or dollies. That sounds awful of me, I know, however, she is too young for big crowds right now. We were in the Mafia, meaning she would have to grow up in this type of lifestyle. It's dangerous and extremely sad, I think I would know.

But Mateo promised to keep her safe and with how he always did with me, I trusted him. More so because we didn't have bad people in our house anymore.

After those months of pain, Antonio died of natural causes, giving my love the crown of being the new Don of the Italian Mafia. Dante is still in second power and will always be until the day he dies. That man was and will continue to be loyal to this family we have created as one. On the subject of Mr. Santoro, he and Sage moved out of the Mansion and bought one of their own. A beautiful black, modern type of aesthetic home. They were so happy with one another and in absolute bliss that when they told everyone the plan on leaving, we all just celebrated and congratulated them.

Nova and Christian proceed with their relationship, and when they actually made it one, Ivory and Noah stayed to be Mateo's best assassins, and Mayla, Malcolm, and Bryan did the same. They were amazing people and we needed them no matter what, Ivory only being an exception because she apologized for what she has done and makes up for it every day by working hard to protect Maelle.

Our family, our Mafia was complete and in final peace.

And yeah, maybe the girls and I didn't get to go back to our normal lives, but we loved the new ones we were given. This was meant to happen. Despite the bad things that have emerged in the darkness daily in the past.

"Okay boys, it's Elle's bedtime." I laughed through my words from the fight breaking out, my daughter punching the men for choosing the weakest princess movie. I walked toward the bed where Chop is laying and gestured to it for the tiny monster to join. She pouted and crossed her arms as she stomped over to the expensive princess bed her father bought. He tended to go above and beyond, everyone knew this.

"Oh, come on baby. Five more minutes?" Mateo placed two hands together and begged with an attempt at puppy dog eyes. I scoffed and moved my palms to my hips, glaring at him.

"Yeah, darling. Can't she stay up for one more movie?" Noah asked with a lip pointing out, his sidekick in the bed doing the same. I huffed and grabbed the blankets at the end of the bed, pulling them forward and on top of my daughter. She really didn't need to watch another film, it was her bedtime. But did I really wanna look like the bad guy?

My eyes flickered to Chop who already advanced himself in Elle's arms. He too was giving me puppy dog eyes with his snout twitching, or maybe that was his face. Either way, they were all begging me for something they knew wasn't supposed to prevail.

It took less than five more minutes for me to sigh loudly and say fine, the boys and her jumping for joy at the answer, not even seconds after.

"But only one, so pick wisely!" I demanded and sternly darted my eyes at the men standing with grins painted across their lips.

"See this is why I married you, sweetheart," Mateo said as he ambled toward me, putting down a CD to touch me. I looked in the opposite direction while he wrapped his muscular arms around my waist and hugged me. His minty breath came in contact with my scent, and the spray he wore also did the same. My husband's black hair draped over his eyes and those perfectly pearl-like teeth were showing as he buried his face in my neck.

"Hands off, Mr. Romano. I'm not happy with you for asking for extra time." I accidentally wrapped my hands around his neck while trying to balance both of our weights. "You know she needs to sleep." I set my head on his shoulder and snickered to hide the fact I was falling into his trap.

"I know baby, and she will I promise." He smiled as he removed himself and looked at me, gazing into my eyes. I rolled my eyes and smiled repeatedly from me attempting to stop myself from falling into his warmth. Except I couldn't he always made me feel safe and happy, he always brought the best in me out. That's why I love him, that's why I married him.

"I love you," I mumbled.

"I love you too." And with that, he kissed me gently.

Noah and Maelle yelled ew, well the brunette yelled fucking gross, but that sounded irrelevant since he was only being stupid anyways. We both took a deep breath with our last moment of eye contact and then laughed the moment we moved away, running towards the bed to tickle our sweet child. 

This was the end of our story.

You were the son of a Don.

I was your detective.

Now you are a powerful leader.

And I'm your wife.

≈≈≈

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚'𝐬 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 ✔️ 🎉