Chapter 34 - Missing You

She cried, cried louder than I'd ever heard her cry before

She cried, cried louder than I'd ever heard her cry before. Sobbing on the hard ground with a hand covering her pink lips. God, it was difficult to see. At that moment I wanted nothing more than to drop everything and run inside the imprisonment keeping her captive. So I could hold her till she let all the guilt and regret out.

But that wasn't an option.

She needed to learn from her mistakes and realize the damage she afflicted on the ones she loves. Sounds harsh, sounds cruel even, but that's life. It's horrible and unforgiving, just like my stubborn heart.

When she broke down into her lap, pools of her DNA leaking from those beautiful green eyes, I gently grabbed the bar and whispered what's been swarming my brain for days now. "How will we ever be able to trust you again."

She didn't answer me and instead continued to weep in her embrace, making a sigh leave my mouth. We had discussed everything she could handle at this point and now it was time for me to exit the room so she can deal with her own demons.

Alone.

This brings us to the present, the next day after a tragic yesterday.

I was currently talking to Noah about plans to hit this Alan guy harder than we have, along with Ivory adding some weapon strategy. I needed to get my little sister out of there, who knows what that bastard's doing to her as we speak? The image sent rage through me and my heart clenched tightly. Katalina, I promise I'm coming, I fucking promise.

The two agreed with most of what I suggested or predicted and decided it would be best if we informed everybody about the decision. And that's what I was going to do until the second I stood up and saw the saddening view ahead of me.

Dante had placed Norman on the bed Sage was treated on to make her feel better, talking to her despite the fact she was dead asleep from all the medicine pulsating inside her system. He caressed her ginger hair from time to time and changed the blankets covering her almost every hour, it's thoughtful and something I never imagined witnessing.

I had been knowing him since I was a child and he has not once done this to a woman before. But hey, maybe Ashford is one of a kind to him. Redheads tend to do that to men.

Christian was hugging Nova as she stuffed her head under his chin and freed the waterworks her heart begged to let escape. I felt terrible for the short, innocent girl, she had to see her best friend bleeding out and deal with another that lied to everyone. Things were just getting worse by the minute.

Lastly, Mayla and Malcolm stood outside of the room to guard the area, guns in hand for protection. You couldn't be too sure what was going to announce itself in the next upcoming days, so I had to be extra cautious for the member's sake. And in addition to that, I put more of my guards in the front and back yards to scout the mansion for any suspicious activity. We were safe for as long as I sought possible.