Chapter 8 - Going Undercover

A day had passed of members constantly going in and out of Antonio's office, most likely to talk about or with the men that survived yesterday's fiasco

A day had passed of members constantly going in and out of Antonio's office, most likely to talk about or with the men that survived yesterday's fiasco. It was just another ordinary afternoon in the Romano's house, the sun shining and the wind lightly blowing against the tall trees.

I was in the lounge with Nova waiting for our names to be called to meet with Dante about an important subject, which Christian had warned the girls and me about when he gathered us this morning for breakfast. Now, I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the soon-to-be discussion since the deeds from them could be endless.

Who knows what they need me for?

Sage was already in the office while Nova and I were talking about the break-in to consume time. She kept repeating the fact that I'm not falling over or traumatized for killing a man, though I did completely understand the reason behind her worry. Any sane person should be freaking out or crying right about now, but I seemed stronger than ever in my cold-blooded skin.

To be honest I was pushing away the gruesome and emotional thoughts so I could focus on what really mattered.

My actual target.

They won't get away so easily now that I have some knowledge of what I'm doing and I'll make sure of it, even if I have to search city by city or town by town. I won't stop until their blood is soaking the floor and seeping into pools around me as my mothers did. Sounds like the detective career I wanted would've never worked out, with the path I'm going down the police will have people hunting me.

"Clara."

Sage announced herself and tapped me on the shoulder to go next. I nodded and stood from my seat, but before I could walk any further the redhead grabbed my hand.

"If you catch any feelings for Mr. Santoro I'll smack you silly." She warned in a joking manner. I sneered at her, my face explaining exactly how I felt.

"Why the fuck would I have feelings for him? We only knew these people for a week and it was literally by force, Sage." I questioned as my nose crinkled.

She dropped my hand and pursed her lips, "Right.." A low giggle left her mouth as she sat down by Nova who too was confused. I rolled my eyes, not giving her any more attention, and marched toward the big wooden door.

She was very bad at keeping her feelings a secret and by her slip up I knew she was slowly getting attached to him. Her daddy issues were probably kicking in after he saved her from getting hit, which was not healthy whatsoever, but again was not my business.

Entering the office, I see Dante behind a desk and Mateo reading a single sheet of paper while sitting in a chair nearby. I proceeded toward them and flattened my skirt before taking a seat. Mateo's eyes flickered to my outfit, his gaze burning my skin as I sat in a slouched position from lack of interest. I wore a black skirt with a tucked-in-button-down shirt. Mayla's fashion choices weren't always the best, but you get what you get in a situation like this.