Chapter 16 - Clara

"You have to kill him," Noah informed me as we headed to one of the many cars here at the mansion

"Kill? I'm going to do more than just that, Russo." I smirked at the end of my sentence, which made him chuckle to the right of me. I slid both of my hands into the suit's pockets and proceeded to the vehicle, waiting for him to speak about the operation again.

But of course, he didn't.

"I bumped into that little brunette today." He mentioned, annoyingly changing the subject we were supposed to stay on. I scratched the stubble aligning my jawline and carried on without saying a word about the stupid topic. We did not have the time to talk about women, nor did we have the time to fool around.

The bastard grinned when he noticed my mood switch to solemn, giving him the amusement he had wished for.

"What's wrong Mateo, does mentioning her affect you that much?" Noah's devilish grin still lingered across his face. I shook my head in disagreement with the whole thing and decided to stop walking so I could look him in the eye. "I don't care if you saw her, she's a fucking human being like everybody else. Stop making the woman sound special." I advised harshly, causing him to pause dead in his tracks.

He slowly backed up a bit until he was right in front of me and turned to face my direction. Staring into my dark-colored irises, he seemed to search for something. For one thing coming out of my mouth to be remotely close to the truth.

The man before me just nodded in silence, but I knew he wasn't actually agreeing with what I had said since the look he gave told me otherwise. Letting out a low sigh, Noah began walking to the car again, and with us having the assignment to attend to still I followed him till we arrived at the getaway vehicle.

When I reached the passenger's side I checked if the door was already unlocked, only to see that nobody occupied the driver's seat or even started the engine. Where the hell did Christian go? He knew about the important shit we had to do today, there's no way he forgot something as serious as this.

"Mateo!"

Speak of the devil.

I circled to the noisy crunching beneath someone's feet as they ran toward me in a hurry.

The soft and kindhearted blonde coming full throttle at me had a worried expression plastered all over. I could tell he was afraid I would scold him for being late, but after talking with Noah the idea of raising my voice for another ten minutes sounded like a death wish and quite honestly tiring. So instead, my eyes flickered to the watch wrapped on my wrist to check the time and then slowly back to him. That way he would realize I was indicating for him to rush without yelling a word.

"My bad, now let's get this show on the road," Christian said as each of us stepped inside and took our seats. Within seconds the engine roared throughout the small built-in parking lot and began moving down the driveway. The three of us buckled our seatbelts while waiting for the steel gate in front to open from the requested access.