Chapter 39 - Loving You

The knife twisted as it pierced through me, my eyes watching the steel cut the outer layer and inner layer

My grip around his throat loosened and soon enough the blood loss caused me to fall back. I stared at Alan with watery eyes, and that was all it took for him vigorously push me off, making my body land painfully on the ground.

My victory.

Mateo and I's victory,

all went south.

Never did I think I would be dying with a blade shoved into me. I coughed from the blood gushing out and winced at the feeling of my agony. Was my life over? Was I going to die now? Suddenly, the sound of a bullet firing into the air and crunching into someone's skull, pulled my focus elsewhere.

You killed him, my love.

Noisy yet expensive shoes ran toward me in a hurrying manner and within seconds I was faced with a teary-eyed man. He positioned my weak frame on his lap and cradled the back of my head. I hated seeing him fall apart because of me, I hated being the reason for his suffering. I was always the reason for his torture.

I caressed his cheek to wipe the water and studied his handsome mold, breathing away the discomfort. He kept reassuring me that everything would be okay and I wasn't going to die. And if only he realized how much my heart already knew he would save me once again. No matter how scared my conscious was, I never doubted his rescue and I never will.

So bring me home, Mateo. We got Alan and his family, now let's live peacefully with each other.

The same event came playing over and over in my head for what felt like days now. But who knows, I'm not here. I only existed in the back of my mind fighting to break through and reach my lover again. Waking up was hard and nothing seemed to want to help me push toward the finish line.

Give me my push, Romano.

Please.

Like a granted wish, a group of familiar voices came dancing into my unconscious ears. I heard my best friends, Sage and Nova laughing nearby. They were talking about our memories together along with other voices chiming in next to them, which were also familiar. The Russo siblings, from what I could make out, started talking about how badass I was on the field, causing Christian and Dante to laugh at the thought.

My friends, my family, they were all here waiting for me to finally see them after a long- what I imagined was a few days. They never gave up on me and never failed to make me smile. How could this not be the push I need? My mind tried focusing and struggling to break free of the cage my body stayed captive in. Come on, please.

After a couple more attempts and nothing happened, I was still trapped. Fucking hell if you are going to kill me, then kill me! My shouts went untouched and heard, my shouts nothing but a muffle. I can't just hear the ones I love for nothing. Abruptly, a loving and heartfelt tone claimed my hearing. This time a warm presence felt like it was hugging me.