Chapter 33 - Did it For Her

He handed me the gun back by gently slamming the weapon against my chest

We have been at my shooting training for hours now and he refused to let me leave until my aim was practically amazing. I am not James Bond, I'm not gonna get this the first go around, but he would like to beg to differ with his persistent demands.

"You think you can do it right this time?" Mateo said in a mocking voice. My eyes rolled at the comment and ripped the firearm from his hand above my breasts.

"You think you can keep your dick in your pants for once?" I spat, aiming the gun at the target practice. Tightly wrapping my fingers around the handle and trigger button for leverage before shooting. He clicked his tongue and suddenly I felt an overbearing figure behind me.

"Your posture is horrible, Ripley." His strong hands found my body, one traveling up my arm holding the weapon while the other clasped my hip. "Leg back and lower the barrel here." He moved me as he spoke. Was it getting hot in here? Oh, I hated when he touched me it felt weird.

Act normal, Clara.

Not like a virgin.

"Thanks, but I've got it from here," I replied with annoyance, dusting his palm from my arm and bumping his other with my hip so he would remove it. Mateo chuckled and took the hint, backing up to give me space as I focused on the cut-out in front of me.

My breath steadied and my system relaxed from its stiffness. You got this. Don't hold back just shoot the damn thing correctly.

The gun fired its deadly bullet and flew toward the target at a rapid speed. I took a deep breath when I heard the shell pierce into the fake print of a person. Did I do it? My eyes skimmed for any holes and so did Romanos. Just then our sight landed on the round smoky area now marked on it, and my face changed with a smile.

I looked behind me and flashed my happiness in his direction. Take that for 'the right way asshole!'

He glanced downward with a grin before flickering his poisonous brown irises at mine.

"Congratulations, sweetheart. You can officially shoot someone without doing the same to yourself." I laughed and lightly punched him in the chest, sending his balance to stumble a bit. He shook his head and let out a laugh too. A laugh I never knew I would be missing in the future.

My memory came to an end when a maid called out my name to gather my attention. I looked through the bars from where my body sat helplessly and viewed the tiny woman holding a plate. She's been feeding me for the last couple of days, along with taking me to go take quick showers.

Everything was happening so fast, time just swooshing on by. I couldn't do anything to stop it, I couldn't take all this weight and pain off my back, and I couldn't know the affairs happening with the other members as they fight with the enemy. There was so much my wreck of a self couldn't do and the feeling was insufferable.