Chapter 37 - Your Blood on My Hands

I murdered his family, I killed his sister, father, and most importantly his mother

I murdered his family, I killed his sister, father, and most importantly his mother. They were watching over Katalina when I got there so really was there much of an option other than the one I went along with? No, they deserved to meet the same fate Clara and I's mother met. Innocent lives are being taken away because of an ignorant and shameful leader.

Now, I was watching Ripley strangle the man who caused the amount of damage, not even a bad person deserved. She broke down after seeing what I did to Mrs. Ashford and finally you could see pain lift off her shoulders. As it did for me. Her gorgeous green irises studied my reaction and she also saw my torment be released from my body.

That was until a knife was pierced inside of her by the sick bastard she was suffocating. I dropped the body part in my hand the moment he pushed her off of him and gained ground only on his knees. He couldn't fully stand because of the destruction she applied to his oxygen. The man coughed excessively and placed a hand on the marks she left.

Tears began forming at the top of my bottom lids as I looked back at Ivory with a raised weapon. She stared at my saddened eyes and realized what she had to do, no demands were needed. I peered at the guy again and watched while my member's bullet fired at him. He glanced up at us the moment the material hit his skull, blood automatically falling from the hole now carved inside his head.

Rot in hell, Ashford.

I wasted no more time and rushed toward Clara's pale figure. She lays there putting pressure on the wound and grunting from the agony it brought. Picking her up and setting her on my lap, I placed my hand behind the chocolate brown strands she always seemed to have perfectly styled and my other landed near the blade stuck inside her.

"A-Am I gonna die?" Her sweet and poisoning voice spoke and it instantly crushed my heart. She wasn't meant to get a victory this way, she wasn't meant to be in this lifestyle from the beginning. But I made her become my detective and serve as my helper. No, she can't go leave like this, I won't let her.

"No, baby. I promise you're going to be okay." I started to drip tears at the view, her weak eyes gazing at me in search of something. She lifted a hand to touch my cheek and wiped a drop trailing down my skin.

"Why have you never stopped caring about me? I ruined our relationship, whatever our relationship was, and defended a man who was the bad guy all along." Clara questioned like the detective that she is, her touch burning my outer layer from how warm it made me feel. I didn't have an answer to what she was asking me since I do not know or have a clue why I still cared about her. The only thing I knew for sure was that I needed everything she breathed, touched, made, looked at, or desired.

"I don't deserve what you giving me right now." She said in almost a whisper from the wound causing her pain.

"What am I giving you?" My tone was raspy and low as she moved her fingers to my lips, swiping over them as a way to express her next words.