𝟹𝟹 . . . ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ

April 11, 2022 

"Congratulations!" 

"Congratulations Mr. Kim. And to you too Yoon PD nim," Jang said, shaking the hands of each individual in the room. 

"Congrats to you too Ms.Park. None of this would have been really possible without you," Mr. Kim said, the representative from the Netflix legal team spoke to Nabi. 

Nabi smiled and bowed down in sincerity and politeness. Taking his extended arm and shaking it, Nabi said, "You humble me. None of this would have been possible without any of us." 

"You're a very modest person, Ms.Park. I mean it when I say this deal would not have been possible without you. The amount of commitment and encouragement you have shown throughout the entire project is very impressing. i look forward to working with you again in the future," Mr. Kim told her. 

Nabi only smiled and politely bowed. She grew awkward when people complemented her too much and didn't know how to react to them. 

Mr. Kim turned to Jay and said, "Well then. Let our joining be prosperous."

Joining? Why did he phrase it as if a marriage is happening between the two parties.

Jang walked their visitors out while Jay remained seated in his chair in the conference room. When they were alone, Nabi turned towards Jay and said, "You could have stood up you know. These people will be in charge of your income from now onwards."

"I could've. . ."Jay admitted, "But. . .I didn't feel like it." 

"You better change that attitude if you want your deal to last long," Nabi advised, collecting her belongings to leave. Being with Jay always reminded her of Suho. Coming to think of, the two must be similar in age too. 

It crazy to think that while Suho is still in university, earning his degree, Jay is out here signing a Netflix deal and earning millions. 

"The way I see it, they are more desperate to have me than I am. I doubt they will be dropping me anytime soon," Jay commented. And there is that thing. 

Arrogance. 

Why is that almost every male that walks this planet is filled with arrogance to the brim?

"Well, congratulations," Jay said, finally getting up from his seat, " I just earned you a higher salary and most likely a bonus as well."

It didn't go past Nabi that Jay emphasized heavily on "I". 

Jay leaned a bit closer to Nabi, who was standing on the other side of the table in between them and winked at her. 

"See you around," Jay said before guiding himself around. 

Nabi rolled his eyes. Boys will always be boys. 

Nabi too left the conference room and made her way back to her table in the office. Right as Nabi was settling down her laptop and herself back, Jang walked back into the office with a bright smile and clapped his hands together twice rather loudly. 

"Alright team!" Jang began loudly, taking everyone's attention onto him, "Today is a big day because today we finally sealed the deal with Netflix!"

He paused as everyone briefly clapped and cheered, Nabi included. 

"This is not only a win for me but it is a win for everyone who is a part of our family. We will only go upwards from here onwards. Of course, none of this would have possible without the brilliant work Nabi has done on Unexpected Fate. You may just be a simple editor to the world but everyone here knows that Unexpected Fate would not have reached the success it has without you," Jang said and everyone cheered for Nabi, putting her on spotlight as she blushed.