𝟷𝟹...ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ

January 28th, 2022

Nabi woke up the following morning with severe back pain. 

It felt as if her spine bone had completely shattered and every movement of hers hurt like hell. 

Nabi usually prefers to sleep on her back, her front facing the ceiling, but because of her injured back Nabi chose to sleep against her stomach last night in hopes that it would relax her back muscles more. 

However it seems that Nabi unknowingly flipped over in her sleep and spent most of the night sleeping against her back instead, only intensifying her injury.  

Furthermore, Nabi slept through her alarm this morning because she stayed up late to finish her tasks and woke up in a rush, getting out of her bed in such a hurry that she ended up pulling her back muscles even more. 

Now Nabi was trying her best to wear shoes without hurting her back even more but she has no other choice than to bend down and tie the laces of her shoes. 

She flinched in evident pain and frowned deeply as she straightened her back once she was done, pursuing her lips together from crying out loud. She quickly got out of her rooftop apartment and locked the door behind of her, in a hurry so she would not miss her bus. 

Nabi could barely even walk a few steps without being in a lot of pain but since she woke up late today, Nabi had to run towards the bus stop, trying her best to ignore the pain the entire time.

If things were different than Nabi would've have just walked in late to work but today she has a very important meeting to attend first thing in the morning, which she most certainly cannot afford being late to. 

Today Nabi and Jang were having a meeting with a meeting with Jay, the writer and a representative from Netflix at their office to discuss the future of Unexpected Fate and how they were to proceed with the contract terms and filming conditions. 

By the time Nabi had stepped off of the bus, she only had a little over five minutes to spare in order to make it to the meeting in time. 

She was out of breath and her hair was probably all over the place but Nabi couldn't care less for it. Well, she should if she wants to make a good first impression, but Nabi no longer has the luxury to care about matters like that. 

When she burst into the office room gasping like a fish out of water, only Shin glanced up and raised an eyebrow at her state. 

Right when Nabi thought he was going to make another unneeded comment, Shin extended his arm and offered her a water bottle, saying, "I think you need this." 

Nabi barely give him a second glance but gladly took the bottle, breathing deeply as she opened the bottle and took a large mouthful of sip. 

"They're already here," Shin told her, still looking at her from where he was seated at his desk.

"They are?" Nabi said, her voice coming out barley as a whisper, already knowing he was referring to their guests for today.

"Don't panic. Take your time. It's not your concern if they arrived earlier than usual," A deep voice spoke form behind her and Nabi turned to face Sehun, who hadn't even attempted to look above from his computer screen.

"Crap. I had to be late today on all days," Nabi said. 

"They are the ones who wants us to sign with them. Not the other way around," Sehun said, looking at Nabi, "We have a line fo directors and producers wanting to sign with us. Netflix is the one that wants us more. Remember that." 

Nabi slowly nodded, his words definitely giving a confidence boost. 

"I should get going," Nabi said, "Are they in the meeting room?"