𝟻...ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇs

Nabi seriously wanted to disappear in her seat right now. 

She could already feel the awkward air being constructed between the three of them. 

Jay sat in front of her, his egoistical persona still in check, while Scoups sat on the table next to them with his phone out, pretending that he didn't know Nabi and Jay. But Nabi knew that his phone was just an excuse for a cover where in fact he is probably listening to the conversation Jay and Nabi are having, which actually makes Nabi want to jump out of the window from frustration. 

"Okay, so let me get this straight," Nabi said tiredly, rubbing her forehead, "You want to kill off the main character by magically giving him a heart attack in the middle of the night for no reason?" 

"Yup. That's right," Jay confirmed, crossing his arms across his chest as he leaned back into his chair, looking proud of himself. 

Meanwhile this news has been the most ridiculous thing Nabi has heard all year, never minding the fact it's only been six days since the new year has started. 

"But. . .why?" Nabi asked, bluntly, not being able to mask her shock with politeness anymore. 

All what Nabi and Jay have been doing for the past twenty minutes is going back and forth over the same idea, which is Jay wanting to kill off the main character of his web series, the very same web series which is currently ranked third in Korea. 

"Why not," Jay shrugged his shoulder, "He's getting boring. I'm sick and tired of writing the same old sappy goody shoes dialogues. He also looks like a lovesick puppy who can't get over the ex who dumped him. It's annoying." 

Nabi stared at Jay open mouthed, unable to believe her own ear. 

"But you built him," Nabi pointed out, the disbelief evident in her voice,"You literally created him and drew him and gave him all of his physical attributes. And now you want to kill him off?" 

"Why can't I? If I knew how much annoying he would get, I would have never created him," Jay told her like its no big deal. 

Nabi put down the pen she was holding gently in the table and took a sip of her iced Americano, closing her eyes as if that will help with the mental stress she is going through as of the moment. 

Went Jay was first discovered by Nabi's boss and given to her, she was reluctant to take him. He was only twenty at the time and Nabi knew that working with young people would only lead to more stress and more work for her. Not only would she have to push him to commit to his deadlines, she practically has saved his web series from dropping its ratings by making sure he stays away from destructive ideas. 

The problem with Jay isn't that he is young, although his young antics do create problems every now and then, the major problem with Jay is his lack of focus on motivation. Jay is a very good writer and a phenomenal drawer and his story development is also very good. However Jay looses interest in his story as quickly as he gains interest in it. 

One day he would come with a perfect plot twist and two weeks later he would get bored of it and refuse to go along with the story, wanting to make another plot twist with zero context. 

If Mia gave her stress then Jay gave her extreme hyper stress. 

If it wasn't for the fact that Jay's story is currently ranked at third in all over Korea and is the company's highest rated story, Nabi would have had him switched to another editor long time ago. 

Not only does editing and publishing Jay's story pays well, it also helps raise Nabi's value as an established editor in the industry.

"Okay. Let me get this straight. You are not  killing the main character off," Nabi told him sternly.