𝟼...ᴍɪᴀ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

January 10th, 2022 

The weekend had passed over in a blink and Nabi now finds herself once again sitting in her office, in front of her large desktop, aimlessly staring at the lit up screen with no particular goal in sight. 

After their Tteokbboki adventure on Friday night, Scoups returned home with Nabi that day, their night advancing on towards sharing more intimate interactions between the two. 

Scoups had twirled her around and had her cornered against the wall with both of his hands trapping her within, not letting her move. His touches had her feeling as if she were on cloud nine and his taste was simply addicting. 

Much to Nabi's surprise and delight, Scoups also stayed over all of Saturday with her, even helping her clean up her apartment. 

Apparently his company decided to give Seventeen a much deserved longer break so they can spend time with their families and friends, healing from the mental stress of last year. They have working extremely hard all of last year and Nabi was happy to hear of the break, glad that Scoups would finally have time to rest properly. 

Saturday had gone in a blur and Nabi spent Sunday by doing her weekly grocery shopping and working on her deadlines from her side job as a ghostwriter. 

If Nabi were only supporting herself and her brother financially, then her job at the publishing company is enough, however that is not the case for her. 

Being the sole breadwinner by supporting not only herself and her brother, but also taking care of her mother and grandmother, including all of their medical bills, luxurious expenses, necessities, rent and more, all causes a strain on her bank account. 

One job simply isn't enough and Nabi needed to find more jobs to support her money and hence works as a ghostwriter on the side. The pay definitely isn't as good as her full time job but it certainly helps with covering the expenses. 

And now she is back at her day job, staring aimlessly at the screen in front of her. Half of the day had already passed and half of more is left to go. 

"Hey," A voice broke Nabi out of her daydream and Nabi looked up as her boss walked up towards her, "I read the email you forwarded me over the weekend. What the hell is with the character change in Unexpected Fate?" 

Nabi blinked as she looked at Jang with no particular emotion expressed on her face. She then sighed and looked back at the screen. 

"It's what Jay wanted," She told him, her voice monotonously dull. 

According to company policy, Nabi has to CC all of the work related emails she writes for Mia and Jay to Jang. Otherwise how else would Jang manage to keep everything under his control. Jang obviously cannot be present at every single meeting Nabi, or really any of the employees, have. Therefore the post meeting email all editors write is also forwarded to Jang so he is also kept in the loop.

"He wanted this?" Jang repeated, the surprise and shock evident in his question. 

Nabi once again sighed and tugged a free strand of her long hair behind her right ear, explaining, "Well actually, he wanted to kill the character. I managed to convince him to at least keep the character in the story." 

In all honesty Nabi has known since Friday night, which is when she sent the email, that Jang is going to come and talk to her on Monday about the content of the email, probably demanding an explanation. 

Nabi remembers that she felt like tearing her hair apart when she had first heard of Jay's latest idea, she can only image the heart attack it must have cause Jang momentarily. Nabi can't blame him one bit for being frustrated.