𝟸𝟽...ғᴏʀᴍᴀʟ ɪɴᴠɪᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

March 16, 2022

The clicking of the keyboards filled the office.

It's a normal Wednesday afternoon. The type of day where everyone is focused on work, not bothered to entertain themselves with small talk and petty gossips. Ever since the harsh winter has begun to lift up and the spring sun has begun to smile down on earth, it seems that people's mood has also improved. The warmer weather certainly seems to motivate everyone to be more efficient, which is otherwise a dead cause during the winter.

Nabi herself has been working more efficiently and harder lately. This may be because she really actually feels efficient or that she was just trying to busy herself with work to avoid paying attention to her mental and emotional breakdown.

Last week went like hell for Nabi and she's still emotionally recovering from the turmoil she went through.

Her grandmother is doing better. She head that from Suho. Of course, Nabi's grandmother would prefer to talk to Suho than her but as long as she is healthy and safe and settled in her care center, Nabi honestly couldn't care less.

Really, its less of a hassle worrying about her grandmother living all alone than being assured that she is surrounded with ton of professional help.

Nabi received a call from an unknown number but ignored it, probably thinking its one of those irritating telecommunicating ads. Yet when she received the another call from the same number twice, Nabi concluded that it probably isn't an irritating telecommunicating ad but an actual person wanting to reach out to her.

"Hello?" Nabi spoke as she picked up the phone.

"Um-Hi. Is this Park Nabi?" A female voice spoke.

"Yes," Nabi frowned, "Who is this?"

"Oh, this is Jieun," The female answered.

Jieun? Nabi doesn't recall knowing someone called Jieun.

"I'm sorry, I don't seem to recognize you," Nabi said, trying to sound as polite as she can about this matter.

"Oh sorry," The female laughed, "I should have introduced myself properly. I'm David's daughter. Im David."

It took Nabi a couple of seconds to register the information the woman just provided her with and said, "Oh. . .oh"

"Sorry to startle you," Jiun apologized, "I actually snuck around your mom's phone a bit and took your number secretly. I hope you don't mind. I just wanted to discuss their wedding with you."

Nabi blinked, not sure if she head Jieun correctly, "Wedding?"

"Yes. Actually, I'm outside your workplace right now. Do you mind stepping outside for a while so we can talk a bit? Of course I understand if you are busy. It's still work hours."

"No, no. . .I don't mind," Nabi cleared her throat than spoke again, "There's a café on the first floor. If you don't mind, I'll meet you there in about five minutes."

"Yes, yes. I'm actually sitting there right now," Jieun informed.

"Oh. . .well. . .uh-I guess I'll see you down," Nabi said.

"Yes, I'll be waiting downstairs," Jieun replied back before hanging up.

Nabi pulled away her phone. She has a pile of her left in front of her but that didn't matter to her anymore. The information she has just received is far more worthwhile than anything Nabi has worked on for the entire year. Curiosity got the better of her and now Nabi just needed to know more.

"Where are you going?" Shin asked when he saw Nabi got up.

"Out," Nabi answered.

"It's still four," Shin pointed out, who himself is also buried under an enormous pile of work."