𝟸𝟾...sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ!

March 26, 2022 

Nabi stared at her feet anxiously as the elevator took her up to the desired floor. 

Her hands tightly clutched the purse she had borrowed from Mia and a small white bag from Van Cleef & Arpels. No matter how upset and disappointed she is, Nabi still just can't show up completely empty handed. She did not wish to leave a bad impression of the guests and neither did she want to embarrass herself of her mother in front of an audience. 

When the doors of the lift slid open, Nabi took in a deep breath and walked out, her heels making click-clock sounds from walking on the marble floor. She stopped in front of the apartment whose number matched the one written on her pink invitation list. 

Nabi looked down at her outfit once again to make sure she is dressed properly. 

Nabi has never been to a bridal shower before but judging by the way how fancy the invitation Jieun had given her and how elite Jieun's lifestyle sounded, she's sure that everyone at the party will be wearing branded clothes. She had managed to find within her closet a semi-formal summery dress that is baby pink with small white flowers on it. The dress is styled to be a wrap dress and so showed off Nabi's slim figure and highlighted on her pale skin. She wore a necklace her father had given her on her fifteenth birthday and put on the earrings Mingyu had given her. 

Nabi had been feeling guilty accepting such an expensive gift from Mingyu however right now she is glad she has something decent looking to go along with her dress. She just hope she is dressed appropriately. 

Nabi finally rang the bell to the penthouse and took a small step back, waiting for the door to open. When the door finally did open, Nabi quickly placed the person as a maid. Judging by the way she is wearing her apron and has presented herself, Nabi is sure that the person is most likely only a worker. 

Nabi smiled, taking out her invitation and showing it to the maid. "Uh-I'm here for the-"

"Bridal shower," The maid finished Nabi's sentence and opened the door wider, saying, "Please come in miss." 

Nabi only gave a brighter smile in response and stepped past the maid to enter the home. She looked on inside, taking in the high ceilings and the elegant flamboyant house with white furniture everywhere. 

"Give that to me miss. I'll put it on the gift table," The maid said, referring to the gift Nabi is holding and Nabi compiled giving it to her.

"Everyone is in the living room," The maid told her and left before Nabi even had a chance to ask where is the living room. Clearly the maid didn't realize Nabi has never been here before. 

Nabi could hear feminine laughter coming from somewhere within the penthouse and decided to follow the laughter to find everyone else. 

Nabi took a few steps, navigating her way in, when she heard footsteps and Jieun popped into view. 

"Oh! You made it!" Jieun exclaimed happily when she spotted Nabi. 

Nabi also quickly put on a large smile and said, "Sorry I got late. I got caught up in some matters."

"Oh no no. Don't worry. You haven't missed anything," Jieun said, "Mostly everyone is already here though but we are just starting the party off." 

Nabi nodded. She felt tiny and little next to her. Jieun is just so tall and pretty that she outshines whoever steps in front of her. 

"I'm so excited. I can't wait to see mom's reaction when she sees you." Jieun giggled happily and Nabi smiled. She too can't wait to see her mom's reaction either but for another different reason.