𝟹𝟸. . .ᴏɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴏɴᴇ

April 1, 2022 

"Guys! Guess what just happened!" Shin came running into the cafe at where Yoon, Sehun and Nabi are seated. 

The trio looked up at Shin running inside, Sehun with is as usual unbothered posture while both Nabi and Yoon looked remotely curious. 

"What?" Yoon demanded. Despite how cold and savage Yoon acted, she had a weak front when it came to gossip and curiosity.

"Did you guys know that Jang is getting divorced?" Shin whispered as he pulled out an empty chair and sat on it. 

"What?" Yoon spat out and Nabi blinked twice when she head the news as well. Even Sehun showed a brief emotion of surprise before he returned back to his monotonous ways. 

"That can't be true. He was just talking about surprising her on her birthday last week to me," Yoon said and Nabi nodded her head in tow, remembering the conversation as well since she was also there. 

"Yeah well turns out they are divorcing. Apparently he's wife is asking for it but she isn't going into a detailed reason. I bet she's having an affair," Shin clicked his tongue, shaking his head. 

"But why? Jang is such a gentleman," Yoon said, still recovering from her initial shock. 

Shin shrugged his shoulders and said, "Who knows?"

"I don't believe it. I can't believe it," Yoon said, sinking back towards into her seat. 

"Better believe it. It's true," Shin said. 

As the group of four felt into silence, taking in the latest piece of gossip they just learnt, Shin suddenly began to laugh hysterically, throwing his head back into the air, reminding Nabi of a psychopath she had seen in dramas on the television. 

"What?" Yoon snapped, annoyed at her co-worker for finding such a sensitive issue funny. Nabi too thought it to be extremely rude and couldn't see the humor in the situation anywhere. It is in fact the furthest thing from funny. 

Shin, however, did not stop laughing and when he slowly recovered, he clutched his stomach and wipes his non-existent  tears away before saying, "God. That was hilarious. You should have seen all of your faces."

"How can you laugh right now? This is a serious situation," Nabi spoke up for the first time since Shin came, frowning at his rude behavior. 

"Don't tell me you guys actually bought into that?" Shin said, still smiling so brightly that Nabi wanted to wipe away that smile from his face, "It's April fool's day guys! I just pranked you!" 

"What?" Yoon blinked. 

"April fools? The first of April. Don't tell me you losers have no idea what today is all about," Shin said, sounding disappointed and distracted as he dramatically rolled his eyes. 

Yoon, who had caught up to what was going on till now, made a blank face and then without any warning smacked Shin across the back of his head. 

"Hey!" Shin protested out loud as he felt the impact of Yoon's blow, rubbing the back of his head to no doubt soothe the pain. 

"What the hell was that for?" Shin asked. 

"That was not funny," Yoon glared at him, "You don't break people's happy marriages up for a stupid prank you biggot." 

Nabi had to admit, she stifled a laugh at that. 

"That was funny," Shin tried to make his point. 

"Look at us. Did anyone laugh? No." Yoon said, "You have twisted sense of humor."