𝟸𝟼...ᴇɴᴄᴏʀᴇ

A small built eight year old sat on the Woden bench in front of the train station as she licks the ice-cream cone in her hand. It is a bright sunny day, with the February sun shinning above them, providing the girl and her small younger brother with the bare warmth they need to keep warm outside in this cold winter. There is a decent amount of hustle-bustle on the main road in front of them yet no one can find it to bring five minutes out of their busy day to wonder why two young minors are sitting on a public bench all along.

Despite the fact it is winter, the girl couldn't care less about eating ice cream in the cold and rather enjoyed it. The last three weeks she had stayed with her mother, who had not even bothered to buy them even chocolate despite them asking for it. The least she had done was drop them off in front of the train station where their father is scheduled to pick them up. The only problem is, however, she dropped them five hours hourly and only left a couple of bills in the girl's hand, not even assuring if they will get a full meal.

The small girl looked to her left side, her younger brother sitting next to her, their hands clasped together as he also ate ice cream, oblivious to cruel world in front of him. Her younger brother is only four years old, innocent and playful. He is far too young to understand the severity of what is really going on with them.

Really, she wanted to cry. The girl felt useless and stupid with the way their mother had treated them during their stay but she had to continue smiling for her brother. She didn't want to let him see her cry and she didn't want to take away his happiness. Even though she herself in still only eight, her childhood had been long taken away.

That day, the girl had discovered how difficult it is to receive genuine love from people surrounding her. Even if the person may be in her life for a long time, to earn genuine  love and respect from them is something only the gifted can earn.

March 12, 2022

Nabi hated hospitals. 

She hated them so much. 

The white walls to the weary patients to the pitying gazes to taking and dealing with countless nurses and doctors. 

Being in the hospitals just remind her of the last painful months her father had spent and its just all too much for her to bear. 

And yet here she is again in a hospital.  

Late last night, Nabi received a call from her grandmother's neighbor. Apparently her grandmother had woken up in the middle of the night to use the washroom but due to bad vision, she tripped over her own feet and went tumbling down the stairs. 

Luckily she didn't sustain life threatening injuries but she did end up breaking her left ankle and slightly cracked her hip bone with multiple cuts on her face and arms.

Nabi had gotten on the first bus back to her hometown, Daegu, and had immediately went over to the hospital she was in. She had yet to tell Suho or her uncle about what happened since its still only seven in the morning.

  Due to her old age, it will take Nabi's grandmother even longer than usual to heal and its clear that she cannot live by herself right now. Her grandmother has been put to complete bed rest and needs a caregiver to take care of all of her meals, her showers and even assist her in using the bathroom. 

Nabi sighed, running a hand through her hair. 

It seems to her that another problem starts before the older could even get solved. 

This is just not a good week for her. 

As soon as the clock struck eight, Nabi called her uncle and informed him about the incident who told her he will take the first train he can find to come to Daegu. Since of paper, Nabi is her grandmother's primary caregiver, she is the one who got the call but she feels that her uncle should also he informed on every update.