𝟷𝟾. . .ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ

February 3rd, 2022

"Hey! This one is on me," Nabi looked up to see Jang placing down another coffee drink on her table with a tiny post-it attached to it, a smiley face drawn on it.

"Oh. . ." Nabi smiled politely, bowing her head ever so slightly, "Thank you so much but you really don't have too."

"Nonsense. You deserve more," Jang said, brushing her concerns away.

It was now Nabi's second day back to work and everyone in the office has been treating her as if she made out of special glass that says "handle with care". Jang is practically dropping tiny vitamin drinks or canned coffees on her table around five times a day just to keep her well fed and everyone else is passing her citrus fruits and other healthy foods.

At first Nabi enjoyed the special attention but now its starting to get overwhelming. Especially knowing that she can't concentrate properly on her work when her co-workers are continuously sending her looks of sympathy and concern. Apparently, alongside her lack of nutrition, the word also spread that Nabi practically has no other family other than her brother.

Slowly turning back in her wheeled chair towards her large desktop screen, Nabi continued to make the edits and suggestions she was making on Mia's book alongside drafting an email she had to send to the publicist regarding Jay's Unexpected Fate Netflix release.

She had missed work for a few days and already her work was piled up for her. Nabi wished she could stay behind late at the office to wok but none of her co-workers, neither does Jang are letting her stay behind anytime soon. According to the doctor, staying behind at work could be another stress factor for her which triggered her fainting. Nabi wished she could argue back against them but her quite and shy nature doesn't help her in regard and so she just works at home late instead. It's not like they can stop her at her home.

Nabi looked at her phone when she felt it buzz on the table, seeing that Suho had messaged her.

Suho:
Do you want to eat dinner together later?

Nabi picked up her phone and quickly typed in a reply.

Nabi:
Sure but make it quick. I have a lot of work overdue.

Suho:
Okay.
I"ll text you the address of the place.

Nabi:
What place?

Suho:
Just this restaurant I want to try out

Nabi:
You're making me come along because you want time to pay, don't you

Suho:
I"ll see you there. By when can you make it

Nabi:
I"ll see you at seven thirty

Nabi put her phone back away with a knowing look. For a moment she was actually pelaseantly surprised that Suho wanted to eat dinner with her but now she knows that he only wants her to tag along so she can pay for his expense meal. At least he's being a bit nicer about it now. Nabi had noticed that ever since she had fainted, Suho had started to treat her slightly less like a walking ATM and a bit more like a human being.

Even the tiniest of changes seemed lik huge improvements to her and she welcomed this newer behavior.

Nabi concentrated again on her work, eager to leave as soon as she can to eat dinner before going home and calling it a day. Her tiny apartment came with a mini bathtub and although Nabi rarely uses it, today she just felt like sitting in the bathtub and soaking her body in hot water and relax while put on a face mask. Today isn't even a weekend but Nabi felt like pampering herself a bit.