CH16: To Forge a God-Slaying Armament

Start from the beginning

Briefly, he saw a flash of red dart above him. Crescent Rose had been taken away with the flash. Amazed that his plot armor was still active, Cardin looked at where Ruby was originally. She was gone. The only thing left as evidence were rose petals scattered across the floor.

"Ahem!"

Cardin turned and saw a very, very, and I mean very, pissed off Ruby.

Ruby: I GAVE YOU MY BABY AND YOU DROPPED HER! WHO THE HECK DOES THAT?! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF I ASKED TO HOLD YOUR BABY AND DROPPED IT!?

The baby dropper was still a but confused on how Ruby seemingly teleported and saved his life simultaneously. He was also curious about the rose petals, but it wasn't a big deal at the moment.

Cardin: Was that your semblance?

She grinned confidently.

Ruby: Yeah, I can convert aura into bursts of speed.

Cardin: That was a bit more than a burst of speed.

Ruby: Was it? I don't really think about how fast I go. I just kinda... Go?

Cardin: You basically flash stepped while grabbing a falling object, that's pretty damn fast.

Ruby looked down at her scythe for a moment, wondering how quickly she had managed to go brrr with her speed. She ran her fingers along the finely sanded blade when suddenly she felt an inconsistency. Inspecting the blade, she saw the slightest scratch on the metal's surface. Cardin took notice of her sudden silence and glanced at the weapon himself.

Then he saw it.

Cardin began slowly backing away from the now ticking time bomb that is Ruby Rose. She slowly looked up and gave him an unsettlingly cheery smile.

Ruby: Hey Cardin, whatcha doing?

Cardin continued to step away, but was halted by the wall of the bullhead. He looked around and realized that he had backed himself into a corner, defenseless, maidenless, and most of all, hopeless.

Cardin: I'm uhhh... Just wondering what a great time we'll have making the sword!

'She loves weapons, that'll work!'

Ruby's lips curled up into a sinister grin.

Ruby: Oh, we'll have a great time!

She readied her scythe.

Ruby: A... great... time...

Ruby raised her scythe and prepared to get a fresh batch of offerings, but the floor rumbled. She was knocked off balance and fell forward. As she did, it seemed as if time had slowed down. All she could see was the floor slowly getting closer to her.

'I can save her, but should I...?'

Cardin debated wether or not saving the crimson gemstone was a wise decision.

'Isn't this the part where he catches me?'

Before both could contemplate their situations, time was returned to normal and Ruby fell flat on her face, leaving a stunned and possibly afraid Cardin standing next to her. The door of the bullhead retracted and Cardin saw the pearly white sidewalk of Signal Academy. This was it. This was his chance to escape the demon!

And just as quickly as it had came, his hope vanished as he felt a brush of wing breeze by his side. Standing in front of him was Ruby, who was clutching her scythe like it was the world's greatest stress ball.

Ruby: How are we gonna do this?

Cardin: Can we just go make the sword...?

Ruby: Like I said, we will!