CH12: Learning to Fly

Cardin wasn't exactly used to his knew life. It was a struggle to deal with his mother's medical care along with himself. Sometimes, he wonders if it would have been better if his father had been killed. A horrible thought, but maybe, just maybe, his friends and mother would have been spared if they achieved their goal.

These thoughts were now a normal occurrence for Cardin. He had stopped shutting out the voice in the back of his head. Now, he frequently thought about what could have been different. How he could have saved his mother, his friends, or at least prevent her crippling. No matter how much he thought about it, it all came down to one, simple answer.

Cardin was too weak.

His aura wasn't strong enough to handle Kronk's punches. He wasn't fast enough to run and help his mother against the bunny woman. He couldn't even use an ace in the whole, because he had nothing. His semblance was nowhere to be found. His only strength was strength. Without it, he's just some kid.

If he had such strength, he could have saved lives. Not everyone's, but at least his mother's. Cardin had plenty of time to think during his time in Central Vale, and he had come up to a single conclusion. That he needed to get stronger. Strong enough to kill that woman.

However, he needed to do some things first.

Cardin got out of bed and put in some decent clothes. He didn't look good, but he was presentable. That was enough. He walked into the restroom and did the usual. Brushed his teeth, put on deodorant, take a piss and use his penis as a water gun to spray off all stains on the inner toilet. The average male morning.

But now that he was situated, he needed to see some people.

---------------------Timeskip-----------------------

Cardin was on the porch of a white suburban house. He was sitting on a lawn chair, mentally preparing himself and rehearsing the interaction in his head. This, was his first step to getting better. Baby steps. That's all.

Cardin took a deep breath, got out of his seat, and rang the doorbell.

???: Honey, can you get that?

Footsteps approached the door. The knob rattled a bit before swinging open, revealing an all too familiar face.

???: Oh, Cardin.

A woman with blue hair was in the doorway. Seeing her again gave Cardin a heart attack. He was nowhere near ready for this. He shouldn't have even came here. His head was spinning due to the stress. She looked just like him.

???: Cardin?

He collected himself.

Cardin: H-Hello Mrs. Lark, may I come in?

She smiled.

Mrs. Lark: Of course.

She held the door open and gestured for him to enter. He had came over to this house plenty. After all, the manor sucked. The Lark residence was simple, but that's why it was amazing. A decent house in a decent neighborhood with decent neighbors. Cardin always liked simplicity.

The woman guided him to the living room. The couch was L shaped and had a small coffee table in the middle. Cardin chose to sit on the short end of the L.

Mrs. Lark: Honey, we have a visitor!

???: I'll be there, one sec!

A few loud clanging noises were heard from the open garage door. After a moment, a man stumbled through, drenched in sweat and motor oil. His hair and beard were a light shade of brown. However, his hair was buzzed away because he had taken a liking to it in his military days.