CH16: To Forge a God-Slaying Armament

Cardin and his newfound acquaintance were now on a bullhead heading for Patch Island. He assumed that crafting such a weapon would require weeks of preparation and resource gathering. Wether it be fortunate or misfortunate, Ruby told Cardin that the part making was unnecessary. All she needed was metal, dust, and his trust. Which was already quite thin after her serious tone when he asked if the weapon could defeat God.

Nevertheless, the rose has given Cardin her word that no harm will befall on him during their time together. That somewhat comforted him, but in all honesty, he was rather frustrated by the fact that he actually was comforted by the reassurance of a 16 year old. With nothing keeping Cardin occupied but the hum of the bullheads engine, he decided that making conversation would be best with his terrifying smithy.

Cardin: So you're a signal student?

The girl looked up from her scroll and removed her headphones. Just as last time, heavy metal covers were blasting through the device.

Ruby: Yup, I'm on my second year there and I'll be shooting for Beacon once I graduate.

Cardin: That explains your experience with weapons.

Ruby: Oh, that's just been a thing for me, It didn't come with being a Signal student. I've always just liked weapons in general. They're just so... Cool!

Cardin: Don't all second years forge their own weapons? What's yours?

She grinned confidently and put her items in the seat next to her. She reached behind her hip and pulled out a red rectangle shape. Cardin found it confusing at first, then remembered the concept of trick weapons. He always used classics like swords, a few spears... And maces...

She clicked a button on the shape and tossed it in the air. It shifted into a red mechanical great scythe with a pike at the end, and upon further inspection, it too followed the rule of Remnant. It had a gun barrel, thus, it was also a fucking gun.

Ruby: *clears throat* This is my baby, Crescent Rose! She's a beautiful mechanical steel war scythe thats hollowed out and outfitted with a 50. Caliber sniper rifle that's dust augmented.

Cardin: I'm not a gun guy, but that looks like it would blast you back in your ass.

Ruby: Oh it does! But I've learned to use the recoil as a dash attack.

Cardin walked forward and held his hand out.

Cardin: May I?

Ruby considered it for a moment, but reluctantly forked up her child.

Ruby: Damage her and I'll decorate my locker with your entrails.

Cardin: Duly noted.

He held the great scythe in his hand and admitted that he had no clue how you use it. Scythes were evolved from farming tools and required an unholy amount of training. The bright side of learning it though, is that you become a walking guillotine if you know your way around it.

Cardin got in a stiff great sword stance and cleaved at the air in front of him. Ruby chortled and held her hand over her mouth, before losing control and ugly laughing at him.

Cardin: Oh shut up.

Ruby: No, *laugh* it's just that *snort* you look like one of those *wheeze* British soldiers waving flags around!

Cardin rolled his eyes and looked down. He was rather stiff and this was a nimble weapon. Maybe if he...

Cardin loosened his stance and gathered his focus. Ruby stopped laughing, humoring Cardin by giving him the benefit of the doubt. He swung the scythe at the air and tried to twirl it. Unfortunately, he lacked the main character energy and dropped the scythe right above his head. Gravity did it's job and Cardin saw his rather pathetic life flash before his eyes as he was about to be offed in the worst way possible. Guillotine.