CH14: The L O R E

Y/n: Vale's shard of the moon.

The reactions were quite mixed. Cinder was intrigued, if that's how you'd describe it. Emerald and Mercury were looking at Y/n like a maniac. Roman however, was stone faced, doing nothing but staring at Y/n. Not glaring. Glares have a form of malice or anger. Roman seemed indifferent or silently judgy.

Mercury: What the hell could you possibly-

Cinder: Mercury.

He shut up.

Cinder: Well Ludwig, you've certainly gained my attention tonight.

Y/n: Flattering.

Cinder: However, I must ask, why do you need such a rare, useless item?

Y/n: That's highly need to know. Not even Roman knows.

She turned to Neopolitan with a grin on her face.

Cinder: And what of the silent one?

Neo, finally being forced out of her antisocial corner, swallowed her internal struggles and began typing on her scroll.

'I know what his goal is, if that's what you're asking.'

Cinder: And do you have anything to share?

Neo smirked.

'Nah ;).'

Mercury leaned forward in his chair.

Mercury: Why does she only speak with a scroll?

'She's mute and has a name.'

Emerald: Right, Napoleon, was it? Fitting.

'Better than a gemstone that's only recognized as block game currency.'

Emerald: You little shit-

Y/n: Can you people not?

Neo and Emerald glared at each other before turning away angrily. And thus, a rivalry was born. Who is the less annoying illusionist? The author prefers Emerald, but hey, Neo's a main character.

Cinder: So, what I'm hearing is if we help you get this shard of the moon, you'll help us with our operation?

Roman: The dust robberies, yes.

Cinder: Perfect, then we have a deal. Does your faction have a title?

Roman: Currently? No, we haven't put any thought into it.

Cinder: Then you'll be referred to by leader. Until you come up with a title, you're simply Roman Torchwick's faction or gang, whichever makes you feel less insignificant.

Roman: Then this meeting is concluded. Unless your subordinates have something to add?

Cinder: They don't.

Emerald: We don't.

Mercury: Actually, I was wondering-

Emerald punched him.

Emerald: We don't.

Roman: Okay... Well, I'd like you gone, if you would be so kind.

Cinder snapped her fingers and they faded away, using Emerald's semblance for a dramatic exit. Y/n however, was completely aware of where they were, and knew that they were parkouring up to the roof of the warehouse.

'The front fucking door.'

Roman: *clears throat* Hey, Ludwig!

Y/n turned and saw Roman approaching with abnormal signs saying "menacing" around him. He pointed his cane at him and the lid pooped off, showing that it was in fact, in Remnant mode.