Intermission

Another day has gone by in the city of Kuoh. Another peaceful day where you could see the people heading off to work. Children heading to and from school. Everything seemed to be peaceful except in the Hyoudou residence where it was anything but peaceful.

"THAT INSIGNIFICANT WORM SAID WHAT!" Great-red shouted in rage as his aura engulphed the house. If it wasn't for his barrier, the entire supernatural realm would have felt his colossal power born off his wrath.

"WAIT, Please dad, calm down. The situation has already been resolved" said Issei as he desperately tried to restrain his father in place. He had to partially transform his arms and legs in order to be able to even hold his father but even then, it wasn't enough as his father was too strong for him. The only reason he was even able to stop him a little bit was because his father was subconsciously holding his strength back so as to not harm his son even in his enraged state.

"I don't give a rat's ass whether or not the situation has been resolved. That bastard dared to make such a claim and I will erase his existence for this" said an enraged Great-red. Seeing her mate going off like that, Ophis couldn't help but sigh.

"You shouldn't make a big deal out of it. What's the big deal?" inquired Ophis. Great-red then turned his attention to his mate. His eyes brimming with rage as they had already turned into slits.

"Are you seriously asking me that! That bastard dared to even attempt to claim you. You, my mate. You are mine and no one else's and I will incinerate anyone who dares to even touch you. Just thinking about it drives me mad." In his enraged state, he didn't notice the blush on Ophis cheeks.

"Oh, so now you decide to be all romantic" she whispered to herself. Of course, she couldn't deny that she enjoyed it. However, right now she had to focus on calming down her husband, less he will accidently hurt their son who had somehow still been able to restrain him. Ophis had a simple to solution to calm him down.

She moved forward, grabbed her mate's head and brought him forward for a kiss. That seemed to have done the trick as Great-red's anger slowly dissipated. They then separated as Ophis looked at her mate.

"Have you calmed down now?" she asked him.

"Yeah... thanks" Great-red answered as he took a deep breath.

"Good! If you had gone any further, you might have harmed our son." She stated. Great-red looked towards his son.

"I'm sorry son" he apologized to Issei who waved his hands.

"It's alright dad. I understand why you got angry over what transpired so I cannot blame you for that. Heck I was livid when that bastard dared to treat my mother as some kind of prize so there is no way I could fault you for feeling the same way since mom is your mate. If it wasn't for Akeno, then I would have incinerated him to the point where not even his ashes would remain." Issei explained before looking at his arms and turning them back into his human ones.

"Still, the fact that I wasn't even able to hold you down shows that I still have a long way to go before I can surpass you" Issei sighed after he stated that. Even though he didn't want to admit it, it did hurt his pride a bit that he couldn't even hold his father despite the fact that he had gotten ridiculously stronger.

Great-red smiled and patted his son's head.

"You shouldn't worry about that, Issei. As I already told you, your mother and I came into being with the overwhelming strength we possess. Although it sounds amazing, it also means that we have already reached the pinnacle of our strength and cannot get stronger than we already are." Granted, they are far stronger than anything living in the world but Great-red didn't feel the need to add that. "However, you are still young and growing stronger and stronger everyday. You have infinite potential within you and I'll say this as many times as I need but I have the utmost confidence that in time, you will become far stronger and surpass both of us." Great-red pointed towards himself and Ophis as he confidently showed his belief in his son. Ophis also nodded repeatedly to show that she agreed with her mate.