Friendship and a Promise

(Flashback)

(Issei and Akeno)

While both of their respective parents were having a discussion among themselves, Akeno made her way towards Issei and marvelled at his wings.

"So those are the wings of a dragon?" she asked. Issei, confused, tilted his head a bit at her remark until he quickly realized what she meant. His 4 draconic wings were exposed and she got to see it. He became frightened at the thought that she would now back away from knowing that he wasn't human, but a monster. Although, contrary to his belief, she just smiled at him and said

"Wow, your wings are fascinating. They possess beautiful combination of crimson and black." looking at his wings. Issei, surprised asked "You're not afraid of me. I... I thought you would be scared knowing I was monster" he solemnly said to Akeno with his head down. She simply approached him and karate chopped his head and an "omf" came out from him as he rubbed his head a bit

"you're silly, why would I be afraid of my friend?" she said a bit annoyed that he thought so little of their friendship. Issei could not believe it; despite knowing what he is, she did not shy away from him and still called him his friend. He was stupefied the answer he guessed was completely off the mark. Looking at the expression of relief in his face brought a smile to her face and she decided to reveal her little secret, although seeing that issei already "met" her father he should probably know that she isn't entirely human either. She spread out her 2 fallen angel wings from her back. Issei saw them and only one thing came to mind.

"So pretty." He suddenly blurted out. Akeno cheeks blushed red at the statement he made. "R... Really?" she asked knowing this was the first time a boy complemented her and she liked it.

"Can I touch them?" he asked with sparkling eyes as he had never seen fallen angel wings before. Akeno nodded and Issei quickly began to feel them not knowing that Akeno was slightly blushing since fallen angel wings are very sensitive.

"amazing, they are so soft and fluffy in addition to being beautiful" he said speaking honestly from the heart which, again, made Akeno blush red at the compliments he gave. She then glanced at his wings and decided to also feel them. She was very curious considering that it is the first time she has ever met or even seen a dragon.

"Ufufu, your wings are big and strong yet gentle to the touch. The wings of a dragon indeed look splendid" she smiled at him when she said that which made him blush as well.

"Why didn't you tell me you were a dragon?" she asked him.

"I was just afraid that you would be scared of me knowing what I am. I guess it was unfounded. hehehe" He replied scratching the back of his head. "But seriously, thank you for accepting me as your friend. You have no idea how much that means to me." He continued looking at her straight in the eyes to show how serious he was with a big grin on his face to which Akeno again blushed a bit and replied

"N No problem, as I told you before, you are my friend and that won't change no matter what race you belong too." Issei's heart was extremely relieved when he told her that. It felt as if a huge burden was lifted off of his shoulders and he could not express how deeply thankful he is to Akeno for it. A small silence permeated after she said that, both not knowing what to say until Akeno broke the silence.

"So, do you want to continue playing? I have no idea how long our parents will keep talking to each other." she asked him and Issei nodded signaling that he agrees as they continued playing together.

Back with the parents, after a long arduous argument and many apologies being said, Shuri decided to break the ice so to say.

"How about we continue our discussion inside. I was previously making tea and I would happy if you could join us while the kids are playing together." Thinking a bit on her offer, Great-red accepted her offer and told them that he needed to talk to Ophis for a bit and then they would join them inside. Barakiel and Shuri both nodded and went inside letting the two dragon gods to talk amongst themselves.