Back Home

Issei and Tiamat, who followed closely behind him, made their way towards the others. Eventually they came across what seemed to be a building. Issei could sense Akeno and the others taking shelter there. They must have waited there instead of teleporting back to the ORC.

The others could also sense him coming closer and came out to greet him, only to be shocked when they noticed that Tiamat was following him from behind. They panicked thinking that they had not finished their conflict yet. None was more afraid then Matsuda who feared he was going to die at the hands of the dragon king.

When they arrived, Issei quickly reassured them "Don't worry guys. The battle is over and she isn't here to fight." He told them. They all breathed a sigh of relief knowing that it was all over. Akeno quickly went and embraced him as she was the most worried for her boyfriend.

"Thank the Maou, you are alright" she whispered earning him a smile.

"I did promise that I would be" he whispered back as he returned her hug. After they separated, Matsuda nervously walked forward.

"So umm s-she isn't going to kill me anymore" he asked still very much clearly afraid of the dragon king in front of him. He could still remember her murderous killing intent and all of it directed at him so no one could fault him for being so afraid at the moment.

His query was answer by the object of his fear.

"You do not need to worry Ddraig's host. While I still hold a grudge against Ddraig, I am no longer interested in killing his hosts for something beyond their control." Matsuda breathed in a huge sigh of relief, his shaky legs gave in as he fell down on his ass.

"Thank God Oww" his head hurt at the mention of the lord's name but everyone could see how relieved he was. Asia went to him to help him up.

"Alright! Since everything seems to be in order, let's go back home" Rias stated as she was preparing her magic circle until she was interrupted by Tiamat

"Not yet Gremory. There is something I would like to ask your queen. I believe your name is Akeno correct?" Tiamat shifted her attention to Akeno who was wondering what the dragon king would want from her.

Nevertheless, she nodded. "Yes! That's my name. What is it that you would like to ask me?" she asked, curious what she would want from her. That curiosity intensified when she saw Issei fidget a bit near her. He seemed to be nervous and also dare she say a bit afraid.

Tiamat grinned. "I want to become Issei's mate and since you are his first, we wanted to ask what your opinion on the matter was?" For a moment, everything went silent. Even a graveyard was more noisily than the current environment until

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" Almost every one shouted, being caught off guard by the sudden statement.

All the girls started blushing at Tiamat's question. Although they knew she meant his first girlfriend, the way she said it seemed to imply something a little more... intimate shall we say. Matsuda had a full blown nosebleed and even Kiba could be seen blushing a little bit.

Issei seemed to be a nervous wreck thinking about how Akeno would feel about this. The person in question, had her eyes shadowed by her hair and Issei couldn't tell what she was thinking. He thought the worst and thought that she was feeling sad. Was this a good idea? Should I intervene? What do I do? A million questions were pondering inside his head trying to figure out what he should do.

Eventually, Akeno expression became visible but contrary to what Issei believed, it was not one that expressed sadness and sorrow but one of understanding and possibly determination.