Chance Encounter

After leaving the old school building, Issei made his way back home. It seemed like a storm was about to hit the city so he hurried along before he gets drenched. Arriving home, he entered his residence only to spot his father watching TV but with no sign f his mother anywhere. Usually, she would be the first to greet him back home while preparing dinner. He did not feel her presence anywhere at home or the city for that matter.

"Welcome home, son" greeted his father, interrupting his thought process.

"Hi, dad. Where did mom go?" he asked while taking his shoes off.

"Ophis is currently back at Tannin's place hanging out with her friends. Apparently, a lot of the younglings asked for her so she went back to spend time with them. Although, she should come home soon. How was your day? Did you have a good time with Akeno?" smirked Great-red loving to tease the hell out of his son. He got the expected reaction as his son blushed

"Dad, could you stop that!" shouted issei who was annoyed that his father did this everytime. Great-red laughed.

"hahaha, sorry sport but I can't help it since you are easy to tease. I'm sure Akeno-chan does the same thing. But, in all seriousness, how did your day go?" his father asked seriously this time. After calming himself down, Issei answered

"It was an interesting day to say the least and... quite a few things happened that I believe I should let you know about but I would rather wait for mom to come back before we get to it." He said seriously causing Great-red to raise a brow wondering what happened.

"Well there is no need to wait because she is already here" Great red turned his attention towards the kitchen, Issei following his gaze, when a black aura in the form of many snakes begun materializing in that spot, soon taking the shape of his mother. Having come back home, Ophis very quickly spotted her son and went to embrace him.

"Good evening my Issei. I apologize for not being able to greet you when you arrived back home." She told her son who simply waved it off.

"It's no problem, mom. Dad already told me where you were. How is everyone doing back home?" They all still considered the dragon territory their second home and that would never chance.

"Everyone is doing fine. The younglings are as energetic as ever. Tannin is busy training everyone to be the best they can be. Oh, also Bova came by while I was taking care of some younglings asking me to relay a message to you saying he wanted to spar soon and that he would not lose this time. He seemed quite motivated to see his rival." She explained with a small smile on her face. Issei was pleased that everyone was doing well and he smirked at his friend's challenge. He would definitely spar with him sometime soon.

"How about you, how did your day go?" she asked, interrupting his inner monologue.

"Like I told dad, I had an interesting day and now that you arrived, there are a few things I wanted to let you know about." Ophis nodded and sat on the sofa near her husband and Issei took a seat directly in front of them.

Thus, he began to recount his day, from the time he left the house with Akeno until he got to the important details which was the meeting with Rias Gremory herself. His parents, mostly his father, laughed at the constant annoyance his son was receiving from his fellow students although they were both happy to hear him and Akeno getting along so well.

"During the meeting with Rias Gremory, she invited me join the Occult Research Club and after considering it, I decided to join the club. They are all wonderful people and it was thanks to them that Akeno was spared a life of suffering and from what she told me; Rias saved her life." Great-red and Ophis both looked disheartened when he said that. It was still a hard pill to swallow that while they were living in peace, she was barely making ends meet all those years. It should have been their responsibility to make sure Akeno was safe and they failed miserably.