A day to Remember

A year has passed since the incident with the rogue devils and life had gone back to normal for everyone. In the beginning, Ophis, Great-red and Baraqiel kept their children as close as possible to ensure their safety in case the devils decided to make another attempt at their children. However, after a few months of no activity, they judged that everything was fine and soon everything went back to normal after everything calmed down. Issei's and Akeno's relationship continued to grow with each passing day. It got to the point where they were practically inseparable. In addition, Issei started to take his training a lot more seriously since the incident taught him that there were a lot of dangerous beings out there and he needed to grow stronger in order to be able to protect Akeno and those he held dear. He understood that his victory was only due to luck, having been able to destroy the barrier containing them thus allowing their parents to rescue them. To make matters worst, according to Akeno, he lost consciousness while there were still many enemies left alive thus endangering her life. Of course, no one blamed him for having lost consciousness. He fought with every once of strength he had and against several enemies while protecting Akeno from harm. The very fact that he managed to do that at such a young age was worthy of praise; but, unfortunately, for Issei it was a strike to his pride. He won the battle but lost the war. If his parents were a tad bit late or he failed to destroy the barrier then both of them would not have been alive today which is why he wished to gain strength in order to avoid such a scenario from happening again.

Even Akeno started to get better at using her holy lighting. She wanted to get stronger so she would not be a burden to Issei. Even though he denied it, she knew that Issei would have had a much easier time had she not been so weak and useless. Most of the time, the devils took advantage of her in order to be able to land hits on Issei. Not only did he have to focus on fighting the enemy, but he also had to split his attention towards protecting her which made him more vulnerable to Valper's assault. The scar across his chest is proof enough of her inadequacy. In order to avoid being placed in such a situation ever again, she started training with her dad whenever he had time to spare.

Today, however was not a time for unpleasant thoughts because today was a special day and both of them were busy getting ready for the occasion. Today was Issei's birthday and both families agreed to spend his birthday at the amusement park which made him very excited. They were supposed to go there last year but the devil incident caused their parents to become paranoid and would not let the kids out of their sights so there was barely any chance to do any activities other than staying at each others place but now that things calmed down and the fact that it was Issei's birthday, they could finally plan a trip to the amusement park. After waking up, he quickly dressed himself up and headed downstairs for breakfast. His parents had already finished eating and were ready to go but it seems they were having a bit of an argument.

"For the last time, we are not going using your sh.. (cough) useless motorcycle. We already agreed to meet Shuri and her family at their shrine and we can simply teleport there." Ophis told Great-red. She had to correct herself there as she did not want to swear in front of Issei as much as possible.

"WHY NOT! This bike is super fast and we can meet them in style" complained Great-red.

"Your bike will just give me and Issei a massive headache with all the noise it creates. That contraption is even noisier than you and that is saying something."

"OYYY Ophis. This bike is a divine creation. A miracle created by the hands of humans and it does not deserve to be called a contraption. This is the God of all machines with speed exceeding.." however before he could continue, he was interrupted by his wife

"Yeah, yeah, yeah I already heard all of that a million times already. If you love it so much, why don't you marry it. I'm sure me and Issei can find another place to stay and leave you two alone." Ophis teased him with a devious smirk on her face. Great-red, caught by surprise by that statement, could only stutter a response