The Date - Part 2

As both Issei and Akeno were making their way down from the shrine, issei thoughts were focused on his uncle.

"Please... let this be a step forward to healing his heart" Indeed, Issei had orchestrated all of this in order to give his uncle the chance to see Akeno without her knowing. He knew that not telling Akeno was wrong but he desperately wanted to give Barakiel a respite to all the pain and suffering he had been going through all these years. Seeing Akeno would no doubt help heal his heart and so he came up with this idea when setting up his date. Luckily, Akeno couldn't sense Barakiel as he had hidden his presence since this was still officially, devil's territory so she never figured out he was there.

"So, where to now?" His thoughts were interrupted by his mate's question. He quicky recomposed himself to answer her.

"Now, we are heading to the amusement park. I bought us two tickets in advance so we wouldn't have to wait in line. Since we took a bit more time than I'd thought, not that I minded, I would like to teleport there so as t not waste time with what I have planned" Issei explained.

"very well, I don't mind." Akeno replied as Issei held out his hand.

"Great then please grab my hand and I will teleport us there or if you want to be more specific, phase us there. I believe you saw it when we went to hunt down the stray or when I went after Matsuda when he went to save Asia" It took a while for Akeno to remember but she eventually did, giving him a nod signaling she remembered.

"ah yes I do recall that. Anyways, lets go" she said before grabbing his hand. Issei then teleported them near the amusement park out of praying eyes making sure no humans could see him materializing in a burst of flames. They then proceeded t make their way toward the entrance. Since they already had their tickets, they moved past the line and entered the amusement park. They could hear the bustling noises of several rides and the laughing cries of people having fun. Akeno looked around as though reminiscing.

"Wow, it has been such a long time since I've been to the amusement park" her expression suddenly fell "not since... well that day"

He suddenly grabbed her hand causing her to nearly jump "And that is precisely why we are going right now. To replace those awful memories with bright ones. We promised your mother that we would no longer let that day hold us down so please cheer up" Issei tried to soothe her which seemed to work since she was back to smiling at him again.

"Come on then, let's go have fun" he said before dragging her along. Akeno couldn't help but giggle at seeing Issei act like an excited child.

They then started going on several rides, having loads of fun and making new brighter memories to replace the bad ones. They bought several of the pictures taken during the rides. The best and funniest one was when they were on a roller coaster and you could see Issei covering his mouth trying prevent his food to come out. It wasn't a great idea to ride a roller coaster right after having lunch. Right after the ride, Issei bolted to the nearest trash can and vomited everything with Akeno patting his back to help him relax. Issei was extremely thankful to any god that was listening that the younglings and especially his father weren't here to see this. They would laugh at the fact that a roller coaster was enough to make him barf. However, Akeno was laughing and having the time of her life. Seeing her so very happy made all of this worth it in his book.

Eventually, they made their way to the arcade and Issei seemed particularly excited about coming here which caught Akeno's eye but she didn't mention it.

"So, we are going to the arcade next?" she asked just to be sure. Issei looked at her with an excited expression on his face.

"Yup. Last time we came here, you destroyed me at every game and today is the day I get my revenge" he said in a competitive tone. It took a moment for Akeno to recall the time they had gone into the arcade and she beat him at every game.