Prelude

Issei soon found himself in some part of the underworld alongside Grayfia.

"If you would follow me Issei-sama, then I will guide you to the Sirzechs-sama and the others" she bowed towards him making Issei sigh as he was not used to all these formalities.

"Alright. By the way, you do not need to address me with the -sama. I'm a dragon and we have no need for formalities. I would much prefer if you would address as simply Issei if that's alright with you" he stated. Grayfia nodded.

"Very well then, Issei-san it is then. In that case, feel free to call me Grayfia or Lucifuge-san as you have been doing. Both are acceptable." She responded making Issei smile.

"Great, in that case, please lead the way Grayfia-san" he motioned her to lead to which she nodded and he followed behind her. As he followed, he looked at his surroundings and was amazed that the underworld almost looked like the human world except with all the devils flying around. In a way, it makes sense. Most of the devils interaction lie in making contracts with humans so they must have incorporated much of the human's way of living into their own. Pretty cool if you asked him. He then took a look at the silver haired maid in front of him. He had to admit that she was breath-takingly beautiful and possessed a level of grace and maturity that most people nowadays do not have. He suddenly started to imagine both of his mates greeting him in a maid outfit and calling him Master. It took all his will not to have an instant nosebleed at the thought of it. He quickly shook his head and decided to start some idle chat with Grayfia to help clear his mind as they made their way to their destination.

"Um, Grayfia-san, if you don't mind me asking. Are you married to the Maou Lucifer, Sirzechs? I have heard Rias refer to as you One-sama which would imply that you married into the family." He was very curious about that, yet it would seem that a small part of him dreaded the answer to the question. To his silent relief, however, she shook her head.

"I'm not married to Sirzechs-sama. We used to be involved with each other a long time ago but we separated when we realized it wasn't going to work between us. He is what the humans would refer to as my ex-boyfriend. As for Rias Ojou-sama, even after we broke up, she still continued to call me her one-sama which Sirzechs and I didn't mind although only in private" She explained which surprised him.

"Oh I see. However, doesn't it feel weird working for him as his Queen?" he asked.

"Not really. Sirzechs-sama and the Gremory still treat me as a member of the family and I am honored to work for them both as a maid and as Sirzechs-sama queen." She stated still looking forward.

"Wow, you really are an amazing woman" he spoke honestly, from his heart. For a moment, he though he saw her faltered in her steps.

"Everything alright, Grayfia-san?" he asked worried he might have made her lose focus by accident and almost made her slip.

"Everything is alright Issei-san. We are almost at our destination." She answered seemingly alright. What Issei didn't know and wasn't able to see since her back was turned was the slight blush she had when he complimented her as well as a small smile. How long has it been since someone earnestly complimented her without trying to suck up to her or woo her. Luckily, she was able to quickly regain her focus so that Issei didn't notice.

Eventually, they made it towards the building where the Maous are located to spectate the game. Gremory and Phenex family will be watching it in a different location. They could have watched it all in the same room but Sirzechs still held a bit of malice towards the two families for forcing his beloved younger sister into this situation despite the fact that she was supposed to be given until the time she started university before her unwilling marriage to Riser took place.