The Familiar Forest

In the middle of a dimly lit, vaguely creepy forest a red magic circle glowed. In an instant, seven bodies standing side-by-side formed from the red light. The members of the Occult Research Club had wound up in the area of the Underworld known as the Familiar Forest. Technically, it was controlled by the devils, but more than just devils were known to visit it in order to obtain a long-term companion. Most generally magical creatures resided here due mainly to the fact that it had a wide variety of habitats and that the rest of the Underworld wasn't incredibly hospitable for beings that live in nature.

Issei stumbled a little, looking around. It was really weird to have someone else's magic used to teleport him. Since the Gremory circle was used though, it was safe to assume that the earlier form he filled out actually worked and considered him to be a member of her peerage.

"Everything alright Issei-kun" Akeno asked seeing him stumble earlier.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just... it felt really weird being transported by someone else's power and I had some doubts that it would work" Issei answered.

"Oh" Rias placed her hands on her hips "So you doubted my abilities then?" she inquired; a little bit peeved that Issei believed her powers would not work as intended. Even though she wouldn't admit it, it stung her pride to have her powers doubted.

Issei raised his hand and put a bit of distance between his thumb and index finger.

"maybe just a tiiiiiiiny bit" he admitted which caused Akeno to let out a small giggle and Rias pout.

"So this is the familiar forest, huh." Issei looks around his surroundings, seeing a forest of dead trees and withered plants. Up in the sky was the red moon shining down its crimson light on the forest. He couldn't help but compare this place to his home back in the dragon's territory and found it a bit lacking.

Not liking the eerie feeling given the creepy forest, Asia hid behind Issei.

"Um," Asia interrupted timidly, "what do we do now? This place is scary."

"No need to worry Asia-chan. As long as we stick together, nothing will happen." Matsuda tried to reassure the her which seems to have worked as she managed to calm her nerves and nod.

"ho ho ho, this place is scary you say?" they all heard a voice causing some of them to jump in fright.

"Who said that?" Matsuda yelled looking around before the group looked up to see a man jump down from the trees and land gracefully near them. He has a neck-length red hair tied in a low ponytail and has brown eyes. He wears a white top, black short with a green sweater wrapped around his waist, white socks, brown sneakers, black fingerless gloves, a dark-blue cap and carries a yellow bag pack. "Hello everyone, my name is Zatouji of Madara town and my dream is to become the next Familiar Master. It's a pleasure to meet you. Oh, if it isn't the young Gremory princess, it is nice to see you again"

"It has been a while Zatouji-san." Rias replied politely with a small bow. "I've brought my entire peerage with me however only Asia-chan and Matsuda-kun have need for a familiar."

"So, this guy is the one who will help get our familiars" Matsuda asked a bit skeptically. Given the guys attire, you wouldn't think he was a guide.

"You got a problem with it" the Familiar Master said in an annoyed tone.

Rias stepped in before things could turn into a conflict.

"Now, now, we didn't come here to fight Matsuda-kun. We came to get a familiar for you and Asia and Zatouji-san is familiar with the area and will help us locate the type of familiar you are looking for. Besides, we don't have the time for you guys to fight it out, we must start looking for your familiars before the moon disappears." This made Issei arche a brow.