Training Begins

Rias was starting to sweat bullets as she kept climbing the mountain one step at a time. Next her to was her ever faithful queen and best friend Akeno who was also taking it a step at a time although she looked to have an easier time than her, most likely due to the benefits of her queen piece. Ahead of her was her pawn Matsuda who was climbing at a normal pace and right behind him was her knight Kiba who was having trouble keeping up with him. Koneko was clearly way ahead of them. Out of all of them, she possessed the greatest amount of strength and durability due to her rook piece.

From the distance they travelled so far, she believed that they had travelled approximately 1/3 of the way up.

Normally, this would not be a problem for them. Devils had naturally stronger bodies than humans so under normal circumstances, they would be able to perform tasks that humans would no doubt have great difficulty in accomplishing. Unfortunately, this situation was anything but normal.

"huh huh, Why the hell did you increase the weight of our clothes Issei" She screamed at Issei, trying to catch her breath.

Behind her was Issei who seemed to be flying leisurely watching over their training. He glided down towards her.

"Because, like I told you earlier, in order to better prepare you to face that fried chicken and the rest of his peerage, I need to put you all through harsh training in order for you guys to have any chance of victory. We only have barely two weeks to prepare and I intend to make full use of every single day to make you guys stronger. Unfortunately, you are outmanned and outgunned Rias so every second counts." Issei carefully explained his reasoning. Despite her protest, Rias understood he was doing all of this for her sake so she breathed in to calm herself down.

"I see but still how much weight did you add on my clothes? It's extremely heavy and I'm already out of breath." She asked.

"hmm, I believe you are carrying about 100 pounds" he said rubbing his chin.

"WHAAAAAAT! Why the heck did you make our clothes 100 pounds" she shouted at him almost losing her grip before repositioning herself properly.

"Hmm, but only your clothes are 100 pounds" he responded, tilting his head, a bit confused. This revelation caused her to go eyed in shock.

"How come you made my clothes heavier than the rest. I understand that I am the king but even I have limits Issei?" complained Rias

"Umm, I think you are misunderstanding something Rias. I know that each of you have your limits and it is my responsibility to help you overcome them but that does not mean that I am making your training harder than the rest. In fact, while your clothes are indeed 100 pounds, you are actually carrying the second lightest load." He explained which made Rias eyes pop out her sockets.

"HUH, w-what" Rias couldn't believe what he just said. The second LIGHTEST! Did she hear him right? He had to be joking. Then what were the rest of her peerage carrying.

As if reading her mind, Issei proceeded to elaborate.

"I hope you don't take any offense with what I'm about to say but you are a typical pure-blooded devil, Rias. You never really trained your body, believing in your magical abilities to be sufficient to overcome any obstacles and get you out of tough situations. That is why I started you out with the lightest besides Asia. However, Asia will be playing the role of the support due to her Twilight Healing." Issei explains to her.

Rias was a bit annoyed at being told that her body is weak but she understood that he knew what he was doing.

"Then... How much are the others carrying?" she asked dreadfully.

"Well, Koneko-chan is currently carrying about 400 pounds." Rias was so surprised by this that she almost lost her grip... again. "Akeno-chan is carrying 150 pounds. Kiba is carrying about 125 pounds. Matsuda carries 175 pounds while Asia-chan is carrying 50 pounds. To tell you the truth, I figured that since you all have been devils longer than Matsuda, that you would have at least kept your body in shape, but it seems I was wrong in that. It doesn't change the fact that we've got a lot of work ahead of us. Hopefully, by the end of the week you'll be able to at least carry double the original weight you are carrying now as well as increasing the potency of your magic." He calmly explains his plan to her.