Chapter 13

Next morning, Issei awoke feeling refreshed and relaxed for the first time in a long time due to the simple fact that Akeno was alive and well. He could barely contain his excitement, although it grinded to a halt when he recalled his conversation with Akeno the previous day about how she did not wish to meet Barakiel yet due to the fact that she did not possess the courage or fortitude to face him. However, it did give him a bit of solace that she was trying her best to move forward with her life and is attempting her best to forgive her father. That is why he decided to adhere to her wishes and give her all the time she needed, although it did not stop him from hoping that it would occur sooner rather than later. Only time will tell.

Speaking of time, looking at his clock, Issei decided that it was time to get ready for school. He put on his uniform and made his way down to get breakfast. In the kitchen, he spotted his mother cooking what seemed to smell like eggs and bacon while his father was comfortably sitting on the sofa watching TV.

"Good morning, son!" Great red said without so much as turning around, having already sensed his son coming down, in contrast to Ophis who turned around to greet him with a warm smile.

"Morning Issei! Breakfast will be ready shortly so you can take a seat or join your father until it is ready." Issei decided to take his mother's advice and went to sit with his dad until breakfast was done. His father scooted over a bit from his seat to give Issei some space to sit which he did shortly after.

"How are you doing today?" Great-red started the conversation but he could already tell by his son's brightened expression what the answer to his question was.

"I'm feeling great dad. Better than I have in ages." Issei responded which earned him a heartened laugh from his father.

"hahaha, geez I wonder why that could be?" he joked since the reason was crystal clear. If anything, all of them were in high spirits due to the pleasant surprise that is Akeno. It felt as though a massive void within themselves had finally been filled and although they were heartbroken to learn that Shuri did not manage to survive, they were at least extremely grateful to have finally been reunited with who they considered family but none moreso than issei himself who was reunited with his mate.

"Breakfast is ready so you can continue your conversation in the kitchen!" Ophis interjected letting them know that breakfast was ready. They both stood up and made their way to the kitchen, each taking a seat opposite to one another so they could continue talking face to face.

"Thanks for the food." They both said as Ophis took her seat next to Great-red and they all started eating. They all starting talking and eventually their conversation moved towards Akeno.

"I have to say, Akeno grew up to be a fine woman, wouldn't you agree?" Great-red stated.

"Yes, she has. In fact, she is starting to look a lot like Shuri" Ophis gave out a smile at the thought of her friend and it was true that Akeno looks almost identical to her mother with the exception of their eyes to tell them apart. Issei also nodded his head, agreeing with his mother although he was a bit embarrassed to admit that there was also something else, he noticed that differentiated them apart. Her umm chest was quite bigger than her mothers not that he would ever admit it out loud to his parents. The perks of being part fallen angel he theorizes. Unfortunately, it seems his father had different intentions.

"Indeed, although there are some parts of Akeno-chan that surpassed even her mothers, wouldn't you agree Issei?" Great-red smirk was all Issei needed to understand what he was talking about causing a small blush to rise to the surface although he attempted to hide it.

"huh... w what are you talking about?" unfortunately, he could not do anything but stutter at his father which caused his smirk to widen even further.

"hahaha, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't think I did not see you ogle from time to time Akeno's chest yesterday." Great-red laughed at his son's expense who sported an even bigger blush than before.