Kuoh Academy

ISSEI POV

I could feel their energies the moment I walked into the building.

"Devils huh" I mumbled and it wasn't just one or two devil signatures I could sense but many others as well. If I remember correctly, Tannin oji-san said that there were two high class devils in charge of overseeing the city of Kuoh. Rias Gremory and Sona Sitri.

"hmm so the two biggest signatures must be the high-class devils Rias and Sona while the rest of them must be their peerage members." I thought to myself. It shouldn't be surprising considering that my father told me that this place was considered devil territory. Therefore, it should not be a surprising factor that devils would be living here as well. To my benefit, it would seem that they are not very strong.

How do I know that? Very simple. One of the very first skills that Tannin and my dad pounded into me was the ability to determine one's strength based on their aura. Much can be learned from reading one's aura. You can tell a person's race, emotions and, for high level beings, it can help you sense your enemies next move. For example, an increase in aura, however light, signals a potential attack from the enemy. That's how Tannin shishou managed to beat me many times despite the fact that I became stronger than him. It is indeed a formidable ability that can be the deciding factor between victory and defeat. Anyways, this was how I was able to sense the devils as soon as I stepped foot inside the school. It is a bit strange to be attending a school with devils considering my past encounters with them but Tannin assured me that both of them were among the few he knew that were decent devils. He met them when they were younger and being introduced by their siblings as the heir to their families so I trust in his judgement. Anyways, one should not judge one's race simply due to the actions of a few miscreants. Just because some devils had done despicable things to him should automatically condemn the rest of the devil's race. If I did do so, then I would be no different than those assholes who persecuted my race due to seeing us as evil beings out of fear for our strength.

In any case, while the devils currently attending school aren't strong, their siblings however are a different story entirely. Sirzechs Gremory or Lucifer as he called now and Serafall Leviathan previously Sitri are two of the four leading figures of the Underworld and it is no secret that both have a massive sister complex. They would both go to war against anyone who dares lay a finger on them and Tannin warned him that they are both very powerful. Especially Sirzechs who is considered an abnormality amongst devils. Some say he is a God wearing the skin of a devil. That's how powerful he is and even Tannin admitted to him years ago that Sirzechs is definitely stronger than him. Should it come to a fight, shishou assured me that all of them would take his side. My parents would also join in, which would obviously be overkill. As happy as that made me, it is the last thing I want to happen as it would undermine all of the hard work my uncle did to bring back our species from the brink of extinction. If a fight were to happen, all it would do is bring unnecessary contempt towards our race and even if we won, many of the younglings... my friends would die. Simply the image sends a shiver down my spine. I will never lose someone close to me ever again. That is the reason why I went through such brutal training in the first place. I will simply lay low and avoid the devils as best as I can. I am here to obtain an education because that is what aunty Shuri wanted for me and I will not put it to waste.

Unfortunately, it seems reality hate me because in order to get my schedule, I needed to present myself to the Student Counsel president and low and behold, it brings me straight to the devils I was told to avoid.

"huuh... why me" I thought to myself. It couldn't be helped. I just had to hope they are not able to sense what I am. I also learned to conceal my presence and suppress my aura during my training. In order to lay low, it is invaluable ability so I had to learn it. Funny thing is, it took me a long time to be able to master it and when I did, I thought that I was hot shit until Tannin revealed that almost every one in the supernatural world is able to this especially higher-class beings. It made sense, otherwise the entire human race would have learned long ago that they are not alone in this world causing widespread panic or in the worst case a war between Humanity and the Supernatural which is something no one needed. Anyways, it was time to meet my maker as they say and hope nothing goes wrong.